Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The Curious Orange said:

I would have never expected to hear a Coventry fan being accused of repeating the same thing over and over again on here.

Amazing. 

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Hugo Lloris hitting David James depths of amusing incompetence is the real deveoping story of this season.

It's genuinely frightening how quickly he has fallen off a cliff. 

He has always been a great shot stopper, and he's shown loyalty through his purple patches, but fucking hell, he needs to go before it turns toxic.

If I ever see him chip the fucking ball to one of our full backs again, I will cave my TV in. 

It's OK though as rumours of the clubs long term succession plan is Oblak.

That's 30 year old Oblak by the way. Long term succession plan. 30 years old. COYS indeed.

And if I'm being really honest, I'd keep maybe 4 of that starting 11 tonight (Son on historic form, not on whatever the fuck he is on this season)

The rest desperately need upgrading. I fucking hate Hojbjerg, he is a complete fraud of a player. He shouts a lot. In fact tonight he shouted at one of our players (Royal I think, another cunt stealing a living) and then in the next breath gave the ball away himself!!! 'Viking' twat.

JUST SELL TO THE QATARIS! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! I absolutely hate Spurs.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Oblak

Also another keeper pretty much useless with the ball at his feet, right? An old school 'stay on your line' shotstopper.

Spurs will get Pickford if Everton go down surely, maybe even if they stay up. Lloris has been error prone for a good few years now, I remember not being surprised by the Mandzukic goal in the 2018 World Cup final. 

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Has Lloris ever been that great though? Genuine question as he seems to always have been prone to fuck ups and (90s word incoming) GAFFES

Yeah he has been IMO. Like I said, fantastic shotstopper, and his distribution wasn't such an issue when he was playing to Rose, Walker etc but he has deteriorated rapidly these last two years. It's quite sad to see.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

That's 30 year old Oblak by the way. Long term succession plan. 30 years old. COYS indeed.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with getting a goalie in his 30s. They have more longevity and some get better as they get older. We got Van Der Sar at United at aged 35 and look how well that worked out. I know he’s far and away better than Lloris ever will be. But I don’t think it would be a bad thing getting 30 year old Oblak. 

• Paid Members

I think Spurs' next choice of keeper should depend heavily on who will be managing the team and whether it will be a long term appointment or yet another 'quick bring in a winner even though they won't stick around for long' like Conte or Mourinho. If they have a manager that prefers to build from the back, which really most big teams do/should/could in this age, then Oblak is surely not the answer.

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with getting a goalie in his 30s. They have more longevity and some get better as they get older. We got Van Der Sar at United at aged 35 and look how well that worked out. I know he’s far and away better than Lloris ever will be. But I don’t think it would be a bad thing getting 30 year old Oblak. 

It was more the "long term succession plan" that made me laugh.

Never happen, he has a 1000 year contract and is on more than our highest earner so it's a bit moot. 

Bring back Erik Thorsvedt.

Edited by SuperBacon
Spelling

Since the takeover I've gotten used to Newcastle being connected to absolutely everyone as much as I've gotten used to the new owners being actual Bond Villains, but I might have hit my limit today.

We've been connected to Anthony Gordon again and it's a rumour that's picking up steam. I can't stand Gordon. He strikes me as a bloke who if he wasn't playing football would be asking his line manager if the Hobbits needed their legs. Horrid little cretin.

• Paid Members

Juve are fucked and their shady activity has also impacted Spurs. Been given a 15 point deduction and as part of this investigation Spurs' sporting director Patrici has been given a 2½ year ban from football. 

No wonder that rat Agnelli and the rest of the board resigned recently. Juve are proper bent bastards aren't they?