There is a Von Erich family movie in the works...

CL Punk

If you didn't think that The Wrestler was depressing enough, I just read that A24 (the studio behind The Disaster Artist and Everything, Everywhere, All At Once) are producing a film about the Von Erich family.

REPORT: Zac Efron to star in movie about the Von Erich family titled 'The Iron Claw' (postwrestling.com)

Edited by CL Punk

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, CL Punk said:

If you didn't think that The Wrestler was depressing enough, I just read that A24 (the studio behind The Disaster Artist and Everything, Everywhere, All At Once) are producing a film about the Von Erich family.

REPORT: Zac Efron to star in movie about the Von Erich family titled 'The Iron Claw' (postwrestling.com)

This 100% sounds like a movie that will never see the light of day. I hope it does, there's definitely a story worth telling in the Von Erich family history, but how you pull it together into something that fits the narrative arc of a movie, I'm not so sure.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

I hope it does, there's definitely a story worth telling in the Von Erich family history

I thought The Triumph & Tragedy Of World Class did a fairly good job of that, at least uplifting enough to show Kevin as a remarkably well-adjusted individual despite everything.

This could be the only story imaginable they might need to makeĀ lessĀ depressing for the sake of a dramatization people will watch.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

This could be the only story imaginable they might need to makeĀ lessĀ depressing for the sake of a dramatization people will watch.

This is the thing for me, as plot devices the sheer number of deaths would be an onslaught for the audience and I don't know how you make that story work in a dramatic sense, short of cutting some of the deaths out of the story and that probably doesn't do the real-life story justice. It's a tricky task for the people making the film.Ā 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Who'sĀ  Efron due to play?

Hopefully Bret Hart, in the scene where Kerry tells him he wants to be with his brothers again in Heaven.