neil is brill Posted May 17, 2022 Posted May 17, 2022 Yeah, it didn't really sink in that I'd passed until I got home. I had such an awful driving lesson yesterday morning, it knocked my confidence a little bit, but it's better to get all the major mistakes out of my system during a lesson rather than on the test. Can't wait to hit the roads soon. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 17, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted May 17, 2022 (edited) Ha, similarly the lesson before my test I was proper shit and had a heart to heart with my instructor about how I should have given myself more time, and how I was going to just treat the test like another lesson then book another test when I could. Genuinely thought I had no chance. Shows what I know. Edited May 17, 2022 by gmoney Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 12, 2024 Members Posted January 12, 2024 I have a pretty piece of crap 2010 Ford Focus Diesel. It was cheap but its been nothing but trouble. There is mould everywhere from the windscreen not being sealed properly, and the windscreen had a crack in it, so I had it replaced last week (wasn’t that bad a price) I don't really drive it often but now the windscreen is fixed I can tackle the mould. Fine. Last night around 6ish I could hear what sounded like someone asleep on their car horn. Went outside and yep it was my car. Just nonstop BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE. All my neighbours out, I got in the car and screamed at it to "please please please please shut the fuck up" put the key in, started it, pressed the horn, moved the wheel and it seemed to stop. The kids, who live 10 seconds away, are texting "Could you hear that horn? What is it?" It's my old piece of junk. I am mortified as I live in a small road, everyone looks annoyed so after looking through what appears to be 500 different online diagrams of the make and year (handbook was being...vague) and to stop it again, I removed the fuse for the horn. (I say I, waited for my ex to come home and help) That's the end of it, right? Fuse removed, worry gone. Haha, readers, you know me. Didn't get an hour of sleep laying in the dark waiting for it to go off, up at any small noise, and just generally having a massive panic attack at the thought of it happening in the dead of the night. I was half tempted to drive the fucker away and put it in a bloody local park for the night just in case. (I hate myself and hate the way I am don't worry) If someone here can tell me that with the fuse for the horn removed there is absolutely and categorically ZERO chance of it happening again, I'll happily donate to a charity of your choice, as the garage can't take a look until Monday (they say most likely just a short or a wire out or even something like the cold has triggered something) I am on edge 24/7 and need to rest. Every single noise I hear I am convinced is coming from the car. I bloody hate cars. I bloody hate driving. Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted January 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2024 Mrs Mears bought her first car this week and I am loving life. She's still learning and thinks driving is fun, rather than a soul crushing necessity where you're in constant danger of being killed by morons. Being a passenger when we're doing all the usual boring errands is ace. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 12, 2024 Members Posted January 12, 2024 14 minutes ago, Gus Mears said: Mrs Mears bought her first car this week and I am loving life. She's still learning and thinks driving is fun, rather than a soul crushing necessity where you're in constant danger of being killed by morons. Being a passenger when we're doing all the usual boring errands is ace. Not now Gus, I need to know about my horn!!!! Quote
deathrey Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 1 hour ago, SuperBacon said: Not now Gus, I need to know about my horn!!!! I asked Mr Deathrey who is pretty car savvy (serviced his own car for years etc) and he said that if the fuse is removed then the horn can't make a sound. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 12, 2024 Members Posted January 12, 2024 4 minutes ago, deathrey said: I asked Mr Deathrey who is pretty car savvy (serviced his own car for years etc) and he said that if the fuse is removed then the horn can't make a sound. Does he pinky swear/promise!!!??? Tell him the horn relay is still in the fuse box. If so, tell him to name his charity. Quote
deathrey Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 He does pinky promise, he asked if you have tested it by pressing the horn? If that's not working then it won't work. I will name it on his behalf - Doctors without Borders please Quote
MungoChutney Posted January 12, 2024 Posted January 12, 2024 I'd agree the horn won't go off with no fuse. Even if it's an alarm issue rather than the horn relay it won't work as it's effectively unplugged. One thing to be mindful of though is that a horn that doesn't function at all (i.e. no sound, not even a bit of a halfhearted effort) will be an MOT failure if it's like that when tested. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 12, 2024 Members Posted January 12, 2024 10 minutes ago, MungoChutney said: I'd agree the horn won't go off with no fuse. Even if it's an alarm issue rather than the horn relay it won't work as it's effectively unplugged. One thing to be mindful of though is that a horn that doesn't function at all (i.e. no sound, not even a bit of a halfhearted effort) will be an MOT failure if it's like that when tested. Yeah all good. I've decided it's going for a service as its been a while and I worry myself sick every time I drive it (what's that noise? What's that smell? Did that cyclist get up?) so will give me some peace of mind. Quote
MungoChutney Posted January 13, 2024 Posted January 13, 2024 8 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Yeah all good. I've decided it's going for a service as its been a while and I worry myself sick every time I drive it (what's that noise? What's that smell? Did that cyclist get up?) so will give me some peace of mind. I'm exactly the same. I drive a newer car now but it hasn't really reduced the driving anxiety that I get. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 13, 2024 Posted January 13, 2024 The only way the horn can go off without the fuse is if Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 13, 2024 Members Posted January 13, 2024 2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: The only way the horn can go off without the fuse is if Just said a little prayer that a dog bites you, or you fall arse over tit on ice on your round next week. Quote
Browser Brady Posted October 10, 2024 Posted October 10, 2024 (edited) Not sure if this is the best place for this but…… Dropped my car in to be serviced to a main Ford dealer garage.. It’s a 2014 Ford Mondeo. When i got it back the radio was disabled and asking for a code. I rang back the garage and they said bring it back in. Seemingly they need to remove the radio to get the code and they said it’s a big job. They had the car for 7 hours. When i got it back the second time the air vents/blowers were not working properly. As in there are 3 sets of vents where you can blow air, the windshield, down by your feet and by the steering wheel. Only air will come out on the windshield now and i can”t seem to adjust the temp. It seems no warmer or colder if i turn on the AC or if i turn up the heat to max. Rang em back and they said it’s a coincidence and that removing the radio has nothing to do with the air vents and air con. They said they can take a look for approx 180 quid. Essentially they said it’s not their problem. Naturally i am less than impressed but i know very little about cars. Am i correct in thinking it’s too big of a coincidence that they remove the radio and the next day my air vents and AC are acting up ? They also tried to charge me for fixing the radio and i said it was working when i brought it in, they said they would “let me off with it” and waived the charge. The way it’s been left is the guy in the service dept is “going to speak to his manager” to see what they can do for me.. Any advice ? Edited October 10, 2024 by Browser Brady Quote
Paid Members GlennCullen Posted October 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2024 14 hours ago, Browser Brady said: Not sure if this is the best place for this but…… The way it’s been left is the guy in the service dept is “going to speak to his manager” to see what they can do for me. Any advice ? See what their service manager comes back with. If it's a garage within the Ford network, you'll be able to escalate through customer services if needed. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.