AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Between this and FTR having a moan on the New Japan show, I never ever want to hear wrestlers bitching and moaning ever again, work or shoot. Especially after the Punk situation. Bin it off for good. Pro-wrestling should be fun escapism. You can make it be about anything you want. You can create whatever reality you want and tell any story you can think of. Given that, who could possibly think the best course of action is scripting people to moan about their jobs and make crappy insider references to backstage politics. Has this stuff ever drew a dime?

The best things in pro-wrestling the last few years have been Hangman Adam Page as the anxious cowboy who had to overcome all his mates abandoning him, an awkward, goofy idiot Danhausen becoming unlikely mates with a jock like Hook via bags of crisps, Trent’s mum, and Sami Zayn trying to be mates with the bigger boys. No one had a cry about their position on the card. No one moaned about not being, “used to their full potential.” No one slagged off their current or former employer.

Does this happen in any other medium? It’s fucking exhausting. 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

If this isn't a work (and if it is, it's a fucking stupid one), Sammy seems like a nightmare to work with and Andrade hasn't gone about it the right way either. What an absolute shit show.

Sammy is a twat.

Got into watching his vlogs during the lockdown era, and the Vlog Crew was pretty fun.

Now that its usually just him & Tay on the road he's resorted to winding her up to get content. Last week's vlog had him waking her up with a drone in their hotel or bedroom.

55 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Between this and FTR having a moan on the New Japan show, I never ever want to hear wrestlers bitching and moaning ever again, work or shoot. Especially after the Punk situation. Bin it off for good. Pro-wrestling should be fun escapism. You can make it be about anything you want. You can create whatever reality you want and tell any story you can think of. Given that, who could possibly think the best course of action is scripting people to moan about their jobs and make crappy insider references to backstage politics. Has this stuff ever drew a dime?

The best things in pro-wrestling the last few years have been Hangman Adam Page as the anxious cowboy who had to overcome all his mates abandoning him, an awkward, goofy idiot Danhausen becoming unlikely mates with a jock like Hook via bags of crisps, Trent’s mum, and Sami Zayn trying to be mates with the bigger boys. No one had a cry about their position on the card. No one moaned about not being, “used to their full potential.” No one slagged off their current or former employer.

Does this happen in any other medium? It’s fucking exhausting. 

Exactly this. Wrestling is escapism from the shit in our lives, wrestlers not liking Their boss was only entertaining when Austin got the best of his boss weekly. The wrestlers forcing Khan to talk about it on busted open isn’t the same 

8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Sammy is a twat.

Got into watching his vlogs during the lockdown era, and the Vlog Crew was pretty fun.

Now that its usually just him & Tay on the road he's resorted to winding her up to get content. Last week's vlog had him waking her up with a drone in their hotel or bedroom.

Watching them all film funny stuff as mates when all clearly stoned is always gonna be better than couple stuff 

Even seeing Adam Cole playing Mario Kart doesnt sit right with me. I honestly don't want to know what the wrestlers are doing outside of their on camera characters that's why people like Hook, OC, Danhausen are appealing to me I know nothing about them outside of the person they portray on TV and I definately prefer it that way. 

Twitter is toxic in general but wrestler-wrestler or fan-wrestler interactions seem even more cringeworthy than some of the other stuff. Do performers from any other entertainment industry spend their time airing their egotrips and hissy fits online like wrestlers do? Would Babs Windsor have ever called out Ross Kemp for being a fake baldy hardman because he couldn't get his lines right? Maybe in person but not on twitter. 

I'm definately showing my age but how have we gone in 30 years from Savage, Hogan, Warrior, Sting etc shouting coked up promos into a microphone before smashing some jobber and having no idea about them in real life to Sammy Guevara, Andrade, Bucks, Punk etc writing bitchy snippets to each other online?

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, simonworden said:

I honestly don't want to know what the wrestlers are doing outside of their on camera characters that's why people like Hook, OC, Danhausen are appealing to me I know nothing about them outside of the person they portray on TV and I definately prefer it that way. 

…. I'm definately showing my age but how have we gone in 30 years from Savage, Hogan, Warrior, Sting etc shouting coked up promos into a microphone before smashing some jobber and having no idea about them in real life to Sammy Guevara, Andrade, Bucks, Punk etc writing bitchy snippets to each other online?

I mean if we had know about what the wrestlers from the 80’s and early 90’s we wouldn’t probably disappointed at them now days for the sexual assaults, cruel pranks, homophobia, bullying and murders they were getting away with while we respected them. As much as there are negatives the reason wrestlers were outed during speaking out was due to social media. Sure, there are negatives from seeing their interactions on twitter pullin back the curtain, but there are definitely upsides as well.

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean if we had know about what the wrestlers from the 80’s and early 90’s we wouldn’t probably disappointed at them now days for the sexual assaults, cruel pranks, homophobia, bullying and murders they were getting away with while we respected them. As much as there are negatives the reason wrestlers were outed during speaking out was due to social media. Sure, there are negatives from seeing their interactions on twitter pullin back the curtain, but there are definitely upsides as well.

True, I'm not condoning any of that rotten behaviour either and neither am I condeming social media as an often helpful way for people to speak out but in the context of grown up men airing their work squabbles when they are supposed to be "real life super heros" they need to pack it right in 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

A month or so ago Ethan Page came out and did a promo where he basically moaned about getting no TV time and all I could think was "why the fuck is this on a TV show?". Firstly, wrestlers who publicly bitch about not getting enough TV time are usually the ones who don't actually deserve TV time. Secondly, you're given a microphone and 10 minutes of TV time and creative freedom to say ANYTHING and the only thing you can think of is to complain about the times you're NOT on television? Lazy, uninspired and dull.

Wrestling is essentially a blank slate where you can tell stories that range from the beautifully simple "two guys fighting for a Championship" to the completely over-the-top and insane "guy crashes someones funeral, chains the coffin to his car and drives off with it". It has never needed any of this shoot nonsense, the story possibilities are absolutely endless. I hate it,

Also I don't personally give a shit when  a wrestler is unhappy at work. Join the fucking club, everyone is unhappy at work. But at least you're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sit in catering and hang out with your mates once a week, most of us slave away all week and get paid fuck all for it.

Edited by LaGoosh

Brian Cage still works for the company?  Has he even been on tv recently?  In any respect, Cage v Wardlow sounds like my cuppa tea.

Darby Allin v Jay Lethal - maybe they get in Velveteen Dream as special guest referee?  

All this Twitter nonsense makes me glad I'm not on Twitter.  

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Also I don't personally give a shit when  a wrestler is unhappy at work. Join the fucking club, everyone is unhappy at work. But at least you're getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sit in catering and hang out with your mates once a week, most of us slave away all week and get paid fuck all for it.

I'm always reminded of a bit of DVD commentary on The Mighty Boosh, when Rich Fulcher is complaining about a difficult scene, and Noel Fielding replies with, "yeah, but some people actually have to work for a living mate".

More people need to realise that wrestler Twitter drama, whether work, shoot or worked shoot, is almost always the result of a wrestler being stuck in a hotel, an airport, or a bar, bored out of their mind and just amusing themselves. It should be treated with all the import that deserves, which is precisely none.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Brian Cage still works for the company?  Has he even been on tv recently?  In any respect, Cage v Wardlow sounds like my cuppa tea.

Darby Allin v Jay Lethal - maybe they get in Velveteen Dream as special guest referee?  

All this Twitter nonsense makes me glad I'm not on Twitter.  

Randomly popped up in the Golden Ticket Battle Royale at Rampage Grand Slam. As there weren't proper entrances I was thrown by it as he was just randomly there. Since then worked one of the youtube shows in a singles match.

Taking it as a sign that ROH TV ain't happening anytime soon.