Whats the stupidest argument you’ve had with someone ?

RancidPunx

13 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Whether or not fish have teeth, with my ex-girlfriend. We were teenagers at the time, and because I wouldn’t give in and accept her incorrect opinion that they did not, we ended up not speaking for a week. When we made up, I said ‘fish do have teeth though’, she got pissed off again and, long story short, we ended up breaking up.

Thats the sort of argument you cant really have in this age of smart phones as now you could just google it in 5 secs and prove your point and argument is over.

With things easy to prove or disprove at the click of a button is there noticeably less Petty arguments nowadays?

Just thinking about it personally I know of a few instances where an argument in a previous time might've lasted a few hours and been debated over and over is now proven right or wrong almost immediately.

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Thats the sort of argument you cant really have in this age of smart phones as now you could just google it in 5 secs and prove your point and argument is over

Thats the sort of argument you cant really have if you've ever heard of a Piranha. 

I'd say the amount of shit on the Internet keeps these arguments alive and shit like that will always exist, like that discussion on here about flashing your headlights at temporary traffic lights to make them turn green a few months back. 

Anyway I once got into a long standing debate after someone said they couldn't see the diagram on a wireless mouse for how to put AA batteries into and I said that you don't need to, it's always flat bottom to the spring and nob away (ohh err). 

I don't know if I was right but I stood by it as a delightful way to pass time anytime anyone near either of us had to change a battery in something. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Moderators
7 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Thats the sort of argument you cant really have in this age of smart phones as now you could just google it in 5 secs and prove your point and argument is over.

With things easy to prove or disprove at the click of a button is there noticeably less Petty arguments nowadays?

Just thinking about it personally I know of a few instances where an argument in a previous time might've lasted a few hours and been debated over and over is now proven right or wrong almost immediately.

In my local we actually ban use of Google to solve arguments as it takes all the fun out of a pointless shit argument in the pub over whether Flowers in the Rain or Fire Brigade was the first song played on Radio 1 and the like. 

And for the record, Dave the Liar, it fucking well was Flowers in the Rain. 

• Paid Members
On 12/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, The King Of Swing said:

When I was young me and bunch of friends got into an argument over who would win in a fight. 

Monkey from Monkey Magic or the Power Rangers. 

It went on for hours and I still cannot remember how the argument even started. 

What'd probably happen is that while Monkey & the Power Rangers are fighting each other Rita & Lord Zedd will use the distraction to send a monster to destroy Angel Grove, but Alpha 5 will spot it, let the Rangers know, and they'll team up with Monkey to see the monster off. Then Saban will find a Tokusatsu show to adapt into a Monkey show where he somehow ends up with a massive robot to pilot, that tanks after 12 episodes because of the massive disconnect between the story Saban is trying to tell and the footage he's using. 

Yes, I've watched a lot of Power Rangers. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Moderators

I don't know why Power Rangers being able to beat Monkey in a fight annoys me so much. But Power Rangers is people in spandex in crash helmets. 

Monkey has the best back story ever. 

I can't find the clip, but he was kicked out of heaven for having a fucking piss on Buddha. Literally. He had a slash on Buddha. (edit, this video has the footage in it. Sweet. Buddha as a woman too. Before it's time.)

Monkey is amazing. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

Cheers

Howard. 

Here's the first episode of Monkey for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's fucking a superb fun programme. My sister teaches R.E. and used to use parts of Monkey to teach about Buddhism. Not when he's calling people pooftahs obviosuly

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Slightly off topic but hopefully I'm remembering this correctly, but is there a character in Monkey that doesn't have a face? 

I don't think so. There's a Monkey, a Pig, and a Fish, and a woman playing a boy priest, and a Horse that can turn into a dragon and also into human form. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

I don't know why Power Rangers being able to beat Monkey in a fight annoys me so much. But Power Rangers is people in spandex in crash helmets. 

Monkey has the best back story ever. 

"Until he was saved by a kindly priest
And that was the start
Of their pilgrimage west....."

If only there was a direction they could have travelled in that rhymed with Priest.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, 5pints said:

Slightly off topic but hopefully I'm remembering this correctly, but is there a character in Monkey that doesn't have a face? 

13 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I don't think so. There's a Monkey, a Pig, and a Fish, and a woman playing a boy priest, and a Horse that can turn into a dragon and also into human form. 

There were demons in Monkey that didn't have faces, but I think they only appeared for a few episodes at most.

• Paid Members
On 12/5/2021 at 6:29 PM, PowerButchi said:

In my local we actually ban use of Google to solve arguments as it takes all the fun out of a pointless shit argument in the pub over whether Flowers in the Rain or Fire Brigade was the first song played on Radio 1 and the like. 

And for the record, Dave the Liar, it fucking well was Flowers in the Rain. 

If you really wanted to be pedantic, Flowers in the Rain was the first "complete" tune to be played on Radio 1. 

The first piece of music was an excerpt from Beefeaters by Johnny Dankworth. 

On 12/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, Carbomb said:

There were demons in Monkey that didn't have faces, but I think they only appeared for a few episodes at most.

That's probably what I'm remembering. Found them quite scary at the time. Don't suppose there's a screenshot or photo of them anywhere? 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, 5pints said:

That's probably what I'm remembering. Found them quite scary at the time. Don't suppose there's a screenshot or photo of them anywhere? 

I googled it, but nothing came up. I'll never forget them though, they scared the crap out of me as a kid too. 

I remember one particular scene, where they're travelling, and they see this woman sat down by the roadside, and Pigsy goes up to her to hit on her - she then turns around, and there's nothing there but a blank, white porcelain oval instead of a face. They yell "It's a demon!"

Terrifying.