Fury vs Wilder 3 - Oct 9 πŸ₯Š πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• wandshogun09 changed the title to Fury vs Wilder 3 - Oct 9 πŸ₯Š πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Wilder ends the trilogy by KO or stoppage between rounds 4-6. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends it sooner.

From what I've heard he's done absolutely nothing to counter the issues he had in the second fight, so I don't think he has much of a chance unless Fury comes in and fucks it.Β 

1 hour ago, David said:

From what I've heard he's done absolutely nothing to counter the issues he had in the second fight, so I don't think he has much of a chance unless Fury comes in and fucks it.Β 

Where have you been hearing this from? At least when Fury gets beat, you've already got the excuse ready made.

Edited by Gooner

24 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Where have you been hearing this from? At least when Fury gets beat, you've already got the excuse ready made.

Where have I been hearing this from? It's been common knowledge, no? His former trainers (who he sacked and blamed for pulling him out of the fight with Fury when he was getting battered) have said he's pretty much unmanageable?

He's surrounded by yes men now, which isn't what he needs. That last fight he got absolutely smashed. I'm not sure he could change his style and approach this late in the game anyway, but certainly not while his attitude is stinking. He still blames phantom loaded gloves, heavy ring walk outfits and all sorts of mental nonsense.

He still has the big punchers chance, but nothing else.Β 

• Paid Members

Not to mention that, whilst his puncher's chance is bigger than most, Fury's also demonstrated that you can't hinge everything on that. I'm not saying Fury can necessarily take bombs like that every match, but he's definitely got more chin than Chinatown, coupled with a style that means he hasn't had to take as much damage so probably has the capacity for a few in his remaining career.

24 minutes ago, David said:

Where have I been hearing this from? It's been common knowledge, no? His former trainers (who he sacked and blamed for pulling him out of the fight with Fury when he was getting battered) have said he's pretty much unmanageable?

He's surrounded by yes men now, which isn't what he needs. That last fight he got absolutely smashed. I'm not sure he could change his style and approach this late in the game anyway, but certainly not while his attitude is stinking. He still blames phantom loaded gloves, heavy ring walk outfits and all sorts of mental nonsense.

He still has the big punchers chance, but nothing else.Β 

I haven't been listening but thank you for clarifying.Β  Old trainer who got the boot says he is unmanageable and that is why nothing has changed? I'm assuming going by the fact he is a former trainer, he isn't in Wilder's camp anymore and could question all day long what he knows about what is going on in Wilder's current camp.Β 

Sometimes a fighter may need to lie to themselves, sometimes they need to lie to the outside world to create some mystique. All the reasons he has listed may be justified to why he lost the fight.

Big punchers chance may well be all he needs to end this fight.Β 

In what way does Fury win this fight for you?Β 

13 hours ago, Gooner said:

I haven't been listening but thank you for clarifying.Β  Old trainer who got the boot says he is unmanageable and that is why nothing has changed? I'm assuming going by the fact he is a former trainer, he isn't in Wilder's camp anymore and could question all day long what he knows about what is going on in Wilder's current camp.

No, his old trainer said that during his time working with him, he wasn't keen on doing anything he didn't want to do. Wilder's approach was basically "I don't need to do anything else man, I just got to land the big one at some point and that's it, game over"

And that was true against lesser opponents. But Fury is one of the top fighters in the division, you can't take that approach with him and expect to win.Β 

There's plenty of reports out there that he's replaced his trainer, Mark Breland, who is widely respected, with a bunch of yes men. Breland has even said that he wasn't allowed to work 1-1 with Wilder without his hangers-on being around.

Wilder hasn't taken the second fight and learned from it from what has been widely reported. Not that I think he can do much to rectify it anyway, but he's blaming all sorts of other factors for his loss, which brings us to...

14 hours ago, Gooner said:

Sometimes a fighter may need to lie to themselves, sometimes they need to lie to the outside world to create some mystique. All the reasons he has listed may be justified to why he lost the fight.

Wait, is that you Deontay?Β 

Seriously though, he blamed someone putting a muscle relaxer in his drinking water, his ringwalk costume being too heavy and making him tired, his long-time trainer was secretly working against him and threw in the towel too early, the referee was biased, and the best of all, that Fury put a "heavy, egg-shaped object in his gloves." His reason for thinking that? Because the side of his head swelled up in the shape of an egg after the fight.

Big punchers chance may well be all he needs to end this fight.Β 

It may very well be. But against someone who boxes as well as Fury does, and who has a chin seemingly made of the concrete found under his caravan, it's not a very good chance. But you're right, it is a chance.Β 

In what way does Fury win this fight for you?

Did you watch the second fight? Yeah, in that way most likely.

• Paid Members

i dunno if Wilder surrounding himself with yes men is accurate? it could be, and wouldnt surprise me given how top American boxers tend to operate but from what snippets ive seen Wilder looks like he's grafting for this third fight.

The condition and mental state of Fury concerns me though. Maybe its simply a case of not putting alot out into the public domain but it all seems pretty quiet. I saw a clip of Fury being interviewed the other day too and i thought he looked heavy. It wasnt clear when the clip was recorded? but it made out to look recent.

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

i dunno if Wilder surrounding himself with yes men is accurate? it could be, and wouldnt surprise me given how top American boxers tend to operate but from what snippets ive seen Wilder looks like he's grafting for this third fight.

I never said he wasn't working, or that he's lazy. He's clearly a guy who's in shape, but most reports I've read are that he's doing the same old training routines he's always done. He's changing nothing for this fight, because in his mind (and backed up by his team) he didn't lose because he went about the fight all wrong. He lost because of dodgy water, heavy outfits, dastardly coaches and foreign objects shaped like eggs.

4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The condition and mental state of Fury concerns me though. Maybe its simply a case of not putting alot out into the public domain but it all seems pretty quiet. I saw a clip of Fury being interviewed the other day too and i thought he looked heavy. It wasnt clear when the clip was recorded? but it made out to look recent.

The recent antics I've seen from Fury concern me as well. Concern for Wilder, that is.Β 

Usually he's arsing about, playing the clown and all that. This time he isn't. He seems legit pissed off that he's being made to take this fight rather than the big money-spinner against Joshua, and we've seen what a clowning, upbeat Fury can do.Β 

What's he going to be like if he's coming in to do damage and make a statement?Β