Fury vs Wilder 3 - Oct 9 πŸ₯Š πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

β€œYou with the bitch’s haircut” from a Shane Fury rocking the full Mick Hucknall.Β 

Wilder weighed in at 238lbs, Fury was 277. Both heavier than the previous two fights.Β 

0988-B99-C-64-EB-4-AC3-B600-F5051-E2-FBB

Wilder looks good but I’m not sure the extra weight will be good or bad for him. Obviously if he connects with something significant it’ll add some extra sauce to his shots and that’s what he’ll be banking on. But it could also see him breathing out his arse after 3 rounds if he’s hitting nothing but thin air.Β 

Previous weights, for anyone arsed, were;

1st fight:

Fury - 256.5lbs

Wilder - 212.5lbsΒ 

2nd fight:Β 

Fury - 273lbs

Wilder - 231lbsΒ 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

You have to believe Wilder is coming in to meet Fury head on here. In a tit for tat boxing match he'd get outpointed, and if he isnt aggressive he'll likely end up being pushed back and beaten up again, and he cant allow that to happen from the start. I think Wilder is coming in to end this early. It might not work, but it's gonna make for an exciting fight.

• Paid Members

They probably realised they've got no chance in hell of undoing all the bad habits Wilder has so they're just trying their hardest to cancel out the physicality, as Fury did a masterful job using his height and weight in the 2nd fight.Β 

Wouldn't surprise me if Fury gets clipped and stopped. Not only because Fury v AJ is officially cursed, but the law of averages and all that. I certainly don't expect it to go as smoothly as the 2nd fight. If Fury is going to try and get Wilder backing up again, you wonder if Wilder has made any adjustments to help stop it, rather than just coming out like a tornado early on.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

If Fury is going to try and get Wilder backing up again, you wonder if Wilder has made any adjustments to help stop it, rather than just coming out like a tornado early on.

That's what came to my mind as regards the extra weight: I get the impression Wilder's done it to give himself the means to implement that tactic by force, but he's going to have to be relentless in trying to bully and rough up Fury if he's going to negate those boxing skills and avoid getting countered. I'm not confident he can do that.

Regardless of extra weight, no weight, it doesn't matter. Wilder has the same chance in this fight that he had in the previous two. His right hand.Β 

One thing I would say is that it will be playing on his mind that he cracked Fury as clean as I've seen him catch someone and the guy didn't just get back up, he got up and proceeded to outbox him.

Fury's frame of mind is what will make the difference here. It's potentially his only real weakness. Is he coming in deflated because he's lost the Joshua opportunity and is facing a guy he beat handily before? He's also had some medical issues with his baby, hasn't he?

If he comes in ready to destroy Wilder and in the right frame of mind it won't matter what Wilder does. I don't think any heavyweight today deals with a switched on, focused Tyson Fury. He's an anomaly. He's giant, he has long reach, but he has the footwork and boxing acumen of a man much smaller.

How do you even gameplan for that? Hope to catch him with a good shot and stop him. It's all Wilder has.

Edited by David

• Moderators

DEONTAY TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING

Good 1st round from Wilder, clearly caught Fury off guard. But Wilder didn't have anything other than the jab to the body and BIG RIGHT, and you saw Fury start to adapt in the 2nd round. I thought Wilder already looked gassed at the start of the third, so when Fury caught him and sent him down I thought we'd be done that round.

Wow, the 4th round. Holy shit, Wilder summoned some energy and really had Fury in some trouble.

After that Fury regrouped in the 5th, a close one, but after that Deontay just looked absolutely fucked and seemed ripe for being ended. Fair play to Wilder though, he took some awful punishment, probably long lasting, to hang on to the 11th round. Beautiful right hook by Fury to end him.

Surely Wilder can't find an excuse for this one?

Also, massive LOL at how bias the BT Sport commentators were.

Edited by neil

31 minutes ago, neil said:

Also, massive LOL at how bias the BT Sport commentators were.

Β 

I had the American commentry.. They were trying to claim it was all even around the 9th round. When Fury was all over a badly gassed and hurt Wilder. Studio pundit Max Kellerman was saying the stoppage was dodgy and it was a moral victory for Wilder at the end. Whatever was going on BT Sport it can't have been that bad.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Β 

I had the American commentry.. They were trying to claim it was all even around the 9th round. When Fury was all over a badly gassed and hurt Wilder. Studio pundit Max Kellerman was saying the stoppage was dodgy and it was a moral victory for Wilder at the end. Whatever was going on BT Sport it can't have been that bad.

They also tried their hardest to claim Wilder broke his hand when it became clear it was a matter of time.

My read of the first round was Fury was partly seeing what Wilder had and also letting him use up the gas tank, as Wilder was always going to come out guns blazing. Wilder then round-to-round was swinging and missing and very quickly blowing out his arse. The 3rd and 4th rounds are about as dramatic as a sport can get. Similar to the first fight, Fury got a bit complacent and walked into a right. Also, similar to the first fight, Fury seemed to level up after getting battered and dismantled Wilder. The more the fight went on the more Wilder went back to his old habits.

A bit rubbish Wilder acted like a fanny after the fight. Can't wait to see what excuses he has this time. Pleasing that Fury did get an emphatic stoppage for that reason alone.