Fury vs Wilder 3 - Oct 9 ๐ŸฅŠ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

hmmmn, id have to watch it back but on my sole viewing thought there was a long gap between 5 and 6. I might be wrong, i was losing my shit at the time.

The official outside the ring is for the start of the count. If the count is underway and the fighter leaves the neutral corner, the count gets suspended until they return. If there was no consequence for not being in the neutral corner, nobody would wait there.

ย 

Which reminds me, Kellerman even referenced Dempsey V Tunney last night!ย 

Watched it there, maybe it was different if watched live but i thought it was a good fight but certainly not a โ€œclassicโ€ let alone an โ€œall time classicโ€ as i am seeing reported.

ย 

Thought there was an awful lot of clinching and the ref seemed to be separating them every 20 seconds or so. Technically it seemed an average enough fight with very few combinations thrown.

Whats next for Fury ย ?

Has to be Usyk ?

Edited by RancidPunx

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

ย 

Whats next for Fury ย ?

Has to be Usyk ?

believe the WBC has ordered Fury to fight his mandatory next, so that'll be the winner of Whyte/Wallin.

Usyk is gonna end up fighting AJ again.

• Paid Members

I get it's scoring round by round and mandatory deductions for knockdowns rather than judging the fight as a whole, but I can't believe even a judge called Cheatham looked at his scorecard at the end of the 10th and thought "got the two guys even, sounds about right."

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

Watched it there, maybe it was different if watched live but i thought it was a good fight but certainly not a โ€œclassicโ€ let alone an โ€œall time classicโ€ as i am seeing reported.

ย 

Thought there was an awful lot of clinching and the ref seemed to be separating them every 20 seconds or so. Technically it seemed an average enough fight with very few combinations thrown.

ย 

i hear you Rancid. Its similar to the AJ/Klitschko fight. Its glowingly remembered as a modern classic, but outside of the few real dramatic moments, its wasn't upto much. People tend to remember the moments in these fights, and last nights had a good amount of those.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Moderators
11 hours ago, David said:

The scorecards, for anyone interested:

spacer.png

It always astounds me when we get a world title fight in the US, with three American judges. Insanity.ย 

It also astounds me that in 2021 we're still recording this shit using pen and paper.ย 

I MC for amateur boxing clubs. I'm not allowed to see the cards when the result is announced. And the amount of times the head official tells me the wrong corner won, the doddering old cunt, and I announce it and the gyppos start fighting and then he tries to throw me under the bus saying I got it wrong and then to re announce the winner is fucking beyond the pale.ย 

ย 

Bring back the old electronic button system for Amateur. It'd do for Pro as well.ย 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Nah, im just messing. Id probably put Fury at the top of that list right now. I still think he's the best of a historically average bunch of heavyweights, but that doesn't mean the division isnt exciting and that Fury wouldnt have been a force in any era.ย 

I hope he just stays active now and takes on a few challenges and defends his belt. I do like the idea of him fighting the winner of Whyte/Wallin. Im more into that than an AJ fight at present. Something about Fury/Whyte intrigues me, but if Wallin beats Dillian we'll end up with the most unlikely rematch for the green belt of Fury/Wallin 2. The jury's still out on Wallin, but that win for Fury may age nicely.

Id like that to get done early in 2022, then hopefully they get the unification done later in the year. I expect all signs to be pointing toward Fury/Usyk come mid-'22.

Quote from Wilder post-fight:

20211011_093800.thumb.jpg.d05d5f68b8bddc48e19940fb20ebdd7a.jpg

ย 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh, that'd be perfect at that point. Im not entirely sure that Wilder ever fights again though. That loss must have ruined him.

Theres been talk of Wilder/Ruiz, so we could see that soon. Same promotional team and all that. They'll stick that on PPV in the States too. If Wilder does come back and beats he's right back in the mix. Im fairly certain the title belts will fragment soon enough too so Wilder could end up scoring another belt without having to go anywhere near Fury again.