Cars

deathrey

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

We have a BMW X1 at the moment. The biggest problem is it's really not comfortable for someone to sit inbetween two car seats at the back for anything more than a short journey. So fine for just the four of us, but can't really go anywhere with anyone else.

We could do with extra boot space as well (especially as we have the dog and all her stuff with us too). So I guess it really depends on what your need is.

I had an X3 which was great to drive & economical but was deceptively small inside. Swapped it out for a qashqai which is a bit clunkier but the extra space is a godsend. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, deathrey said:

I wouldn't mind the VW Tiguan, I've had a Polo and a Golf and they were both great cars. Husband is less keen. 

I've got the Tiguan Allspace at the minute, and had the last generation 5 seat Tiguan before it. Beautiful car to drive and loaded as far as gadgets and toys go. It's really thirsty though. I know it's a 2l turbo diesel, but I've had the same size engine in other cars in the past and even on short runs they were respectable on fuel .

I'm 95% going electric next time, but if I get cold feet and stick with the fossil fuels, I think I'll go for a Volvo XC40. I fancy something a bit more premium, and there Volvo's don't seem to be as omnipresent as all the German marques...

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

XC90 is our frontrunner at the moment. Want to go check one out this weekend if possible..

Oh, the XC90 is an amazing car! Not far off perfect, in my opinion. I just couldn't justify the costs involved or I would have one like a shot. 

We test drove a hybrid Xc90 two weeks ago, it was our front runner but neither of us liked it. It looked a lovely car and to be honest, I can't put my finger on what the issue was but there was just something not right about it. My brother also test drove a Volve Xc60 and said exactly the same thing which was wierd.

Volvo's are the perfect car really. My wife has a V40 and adores it. I would love a fully electric XC60. 

Fuel efficient as well. I drove the V40 to Portugal and I filled it up 3 times. 

Edited by Joe Blog

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, deathrey said:

We test drove a hybrid Xc90 two weeks ago, it was our front runner but neither of us liked it. It looked a lovely car and to be honest, I can't put my finger on what the issue was but there was just something not right about it. My brother also test drove a Volve Xc60 and said exactly the same thing which was wierd.

Interesting. Will make sure to test drive before making any decisions...

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Volvo's are the perfect car really. My wife has a V40 and adores it. I would love a fully electric XC60. 

Fuel efficient as well. I drove the V40 to Portugal and I filled it up 3 times. 

I had a V40 R-design a few cars ago, and really liked it but it felt a bit "aged" if that makes sense. It had the telephone keypad style buttons on the middle console and the technology felt like it was a generation behind everything else. It was great to drive though and I'll be going back to Volvo if I stay with the fossil fuels...

• 2 weeks later...

Had one of my engine mounts replaced today to fix a really annoying squeak, turns out it’s the dual mass and the bill just rose from £70 to £800! I fucking hate cars and would gladly be a bus wanker for the rest of my days if it wasn’t for the 5 kids that routinely need transporting between homes and clubs. 

• Paid Members

The dual mass flywheel was a common issue on the Ford Focus a few years ago.  A friend had his changed to a single mass flywheel under warranty. It may be worth checking if you're still covered under the warranty.