Cars

deathrey

On 6/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, BigJag said:

Jaguar I pace is highly regarded. I've driven  the F pace. It was very nice.

A close friend works for Jaguar Landrover and they are a Range Rover Velar in a different body cage.  We were keen on going for a Velar (especially with his 20% discount) but he keeps warning us off due to the high number of electric faults they have.

On 5/27/2021 at 11:44 AM, Keith Houchen said:

Alas my car has gone to the great Citroen garage in the sky. It’s the classic story of buying a cheap car and subsequently spending more over the years for keeping it on the road because you can’t afford to pay what you’ve paid out in one go, and you can’t get finance because you’re both unfit for work because of health issues. 

It’s a right bastard, my girlfriend has mobility issues so a car is essential but we might be off the road for a few months while we scrape together enough for a cheap car. 

(Dir. Ken Loach. 2021)

Family can always astound you. I mentioned in passing about the car dying and soon enough, my family put a bit of money in my account and for the first time ever I’ve bought a car for more than £1500. I was genuinely moved to tears  Got a C3 Picasso with fuck all mileage on it. It’s only when you get a new car that you notice things that were wrong on the old one!

Massive plus for me is being able to Bluetooth my phone to the stereo and have downloaded Spotify playlists on the go!

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Family can always astound you. I mentioned in passing about the car dying and soon enough, my family put a bit of money in my account and for the first time ever I’ve bought a car for more than £1500. I was genuinely moved to tears  Got a C3 Picasso with fuck all mileage on it. It’s only when you get a new car that you notice things that were wrong on the old one!

Massive plus for me is being able to Bluetooth my phone to the stereo and have downloaded Spotify playlists on the go!

How lovely.

We had a C3 Picasso for a while. Nice little car.

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So you were right about the xc90, I think. Went to at some cars and compared that to the other to contender which was the audi q7 and it's definitely falling short. That's the frontrunner now...

Audi Q7 lovely, we really battled with whether to get one or not. We've literally just bought a brand new Q3 (husband is driving it home now). We only decided against the Q7 because we wanted to spend less. We have gone with the Q3 with the idea of getting rid of it in 2 years or so and getting an electric.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That is so lovely! Congratulations on the new car 😊

On 6/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Jesus Christ!  I parked up and went shopping when my phone buzzed. Maps was telling me where the car was parked after the Bluetooth had previously synced. This is some cool Skynet shit!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After the turbo blew on my already flailing SMax I decided to get a new car. A 2013 Renault Grand Scenic with 57000 mile on it. It’s the newest most expensive car I’ve ever bought and unfortunately it’s the second time I’ve bought a car from a dealers with a busted clutch. Going back tomorrow, I’m looking on the bright side and hoping they put a new clutch on it so I can rest easy in the knowledge that that’s one less thing to fork out  for in a couple of years. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Ended up going back to the xc90 in the end. Ultimately the superior tech & driver comfort features won me over as I don't like doing long distance so anything to make it better is winner for me.

Riveting update, I know. But it's a very nice car, I'm happy with it and I'm glad I don't have to make a car decision again for some time.

I know what you mean. Buying a car is far more stressful than it should be. 

Enjoy the car. Ours has been great so far so I think we made the right decision. The extra boot room has been great. We've just done our first long weekend away and didn't have to put anything on the backseat 😊

Edited by deathrey

I absolutely love my C3 Picasso. Went out to the Peak District and there is a road there that I always struggled with, it’s by the caverns. It’s steep as fuck and my old car had to stay in first gear the whole way up it but yesterday I drove up it no problem!  And today I picked up a set of drawers from a charity shop that fitted in the back (with the seats down flat) no bother!