Successes and failures of lockdown era WWE

bbabba

15 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

More real than the piped in noise from the Thunderdome I would say.

It's another reason why NXT is much more watchable than Raw, that bit of atmosphere does volumes.

I can't see fans being back in July, I reckon they will move the Thunderdome to another location for residency between Mania and Summerslam, which I think will be the next even with fans in.

They are moving it to the Yuengling Center in Tampa which is on the University of Southern Florida campus.

it was reported a couple of days ago the residency is apparently up to August 3rd.

So the Summerslam time frame for next event for fans would be a decent shout, if they record about 2 weeks of TV to take them up to Summerslam before the residency ends.

hopefully post Summerslam lt will be safer to return to touring again even if on a smaller scale for a few weeks

Edited by MVP RULZ

Sorry but I'm not really following Covid in the US, I just assumed as there will be fans Mania they will be slowly opening up shows (a bit like AEW currently do).

Is that not the case? Will Mania be a one off then back to the Thunderdome till Summer?

Damm, that's depressing. Is it the same with UFC do we know? They have a fan attended event in April?

Obviously safety is the most important factor but if it's still that dangerous to allow fans back why are they doing it for Mania?

• Paid Members

I would say I prefer the Performance Center shows to the Thunderdome. The Thunderdome is just the pinnacle of WWE over-production, whereas the PC at least had the advantage of a novel, unusual space for WWE performers to compete in. It was a rare chance to see them in a small, intimate environment rather than a major arena, and as long and plodding as the Edge/Orton and Gargano/Ciampa matches there were, there's a novelty in the "tour of the facilities" backstage brawling. 

The Thunderdome is just a horrible uncanny valley facsimile of a live audience that does more harm than good to the presentation. I'd rather watch wrestling in complete silence than hear piped in "This is Awesome" chants, or the completely insane decision to make the default level of crowd noise a sort of disinterested murmur.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Sorry but I'm not really following Covid in the US, I just assumed as there will be fans Mania they will be slowly opening up shows (a bit like AEW currently do).

Is that not the case? Will Mania be a one off then back to the Thunderdome till Summer?

Damm, that's depressing. Is it the same with UFC do we know? They have a fan attended event in April?

Obviously safety is the most important factor but if it's still that dangerous to allow fans back why are they doing it for Mania?

It’s the US. Some states like Florida, Nevada, and Texas think getting “the economy moving” again is more important than safety.

I saw the Thunderdome, pissed myself laughing and gave up. The rumble was so hard to follow as I was so distracted by how fucking Black Mirror it all felt.

Has no-one done Purple Aki or Father Dick Byrne flicking the V's on it yet or does WWE have someone with a clue running the Thunderdome lark.

Edited by Chili

I do wonder if they'll be able to resist the temptation to pipe in doctored crowd noise over the actual fans at Mania (and subsequent events with an audience). Now that they've had a taste of being able to control the 'response' of the crowd, and seeing how they overproduce every single aspect of their presentation, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I would say I prefer the Performance Center shows to the Thunderdome. The Thunderdome is just the pinnacle of WWE over-production, whereas the PC at least had the advantage of a novel, unusual space for WWE performers to compete in. It was a rare chance to see them in a small, intimate environment rather than a major arena, and as long and plodding as the Edge/Orton and Gargano/Ciampa matches there were, there's a novelty in the "tour of the facilities" backstage brawling. 

The Thunderdome is just a horrible uncanny valley facsimile of a live audience that does more harm than good to the presentation. I'd rather watch wrestling in complete silence than hear piped in "This is Awesome" chants, or the completely insane decision to make the default level of crowd noise a sort of disinterested murmur.

Hmmm, you’re one of, if not the best poster on here. I fell out of love with wrestling several years ago. But I’ve struggled to watch any ‘no crowd’ sport as it’s like watching a training game. More so wrestling as I felt like I was watching Covid being spread. At least the thunder dome (as shit as it is) negates that.