• Paid Members
On 5/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, Vamp said:

I'm surprised Watts didn't have them spin the wheel multiple times so that they had gimmick upon gimmick like the tuxedo steel cage match.

AEW should bring back the computer challenge match. A computer picks a random unranked wrestler to challenge for a title every now and then. 

WWE should do the same but have it be an evil computer that's learned from YouTube comments and gets it all wrong. It books Brock Lesnar in a bra and panties match and makes a bunch of white wrestlers team up as the NOD. 

The Computer Contender Challenge was allegedly based on some kind of ranking. I remember Kensuke Sasaki having to withdraw from his US title shit against Dustin Rhodes because of a neck injury he sustained when Rude was in Japan recently, and as Ride was the number 2 contender he got the shot instead. It was clever booking. Some cracking matches as well. Steamboat Vs Vader was great. Scorpio & Bagwell's little feud with the Hollywood Blondes to transition them away from the Steamboat/Douglas/Zenk feud into the Horsemen feud was a result of that, I think Scott Steiner won the TV title, turned heel, and then left for WWF meaning they had to have a tournament? 

• Paid Members

Is there a list of old WCW songs on Spotify. Only one I can find was Ricky Steamboat's...

Andreas Koch "Opening Ceremony"

Parry Music "Noble Occasion" is the old Lord Steven Regal music. Found that one too.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Steiner won the TV title, turned heel, and then left for WWF meaning they had to have a tournament? 

Whole thing was rather weird.I get Watts hated Scott Steiner but that heel turn was the absolute drizzling shits. All he did was just beat on Steamboat a bit longer than necessary.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Is there a list of old WCW songs on Spotify. Only one I can find was Ricky Steamboat's...

Andreas Koch "Opening Ceremony"

Parry Music "Noble Occasion" is the old Lord Steven Regal music. Found that one too.

https://open.spotify.com/album/2FCWK7XDktgxPvB3ngYMEh?si=nm2OdU4_QGy-_CYPjvE9FQ&utm_source=copy-link

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So, watched the first Nitro with Russo at the helm (October 18, 1999) and the product is absolutely night and day before and during this episode.

The show is absolutely car crash TV, and not in a good way. The camerawork is awful. There’s random 30-second segment after 30-second segment. Several “shoots” towards booking and management, including Buff having a strop whilst doing the job to La Parka, and Madusa sulking at having to do an evening gown match with Mona (Molly Holly). It also seems Russo’s decided to take away scripts (or at least bullet points) as there are some awful promos. Lex Luger’s in particular. Stumbles over literally every word and constantly repeats what he does manage to spit out.

People seem to point to the Fingerpoke of Doom as the turn of WCW going full-on WrestleCrap, but I felt ‘99 was alright up until this episode. Watching this episode, you can just feel there’s new hands in charge and it’s going to be awful if it carries on like this.

Ah, well. At least we get to see Norman Smiley just randomly start wailing in his match in what I’m guessing is the birth of Screamin’ Norman. No reason given for it. That wrestler you’ve seen pop up for a few years now? Well, he screams now.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

People seem to point to the Fingerpoke of Doom as the turn of WCW going full-on WrestleCrap, but I felt ‘99 was alright up until this episode.

Thats brave, man. The booking of who's a face or a heel, who's mates with who and "who's in charge" between Uncensored and Fall Brawl is horrific. Even if you give the Hogan/Flair double turn a pass.

Here's just 3 examples off the top of my head - at Spring Stampede we've got Hulk Hogan going for the belt in the main event, booked as a babyface. That being Hogan, leader of the nWo, which includes Nash booked as a heel against Goldberg and Scotty Steiner booked as a heel against Booker T, amongst others. The conclusion of which includes guest referee Randy Savage, last seen helping Ric Flair win rule of WCW against Eric Bischoff, help DDP win the belt by dropping the elbow on... Ric Flair.

One month later at Slamboree, Flair vs Piper for the "president" position is restarted on the orders of Eric Bischoff.... how can Bischoff order anything when he lost his "power" to Flair in the first place??? Who gave what power back to him????

Fast forward to summer, and after Nash has been feuding with Savage and Sid all summer, he loses the belt to Savage then one night later helps buddy Hogan win the belt. He then decides to turn heel and chase Hogan, which will include matches where he teams with... err.... Sid, and which puts Hogan on the same team as Sting (which is bad enough) and GOLDBERG who he and Nash screwed over with the Fingerpoke and Goldberg has seemingly forgiven because... err... nope, I dont know.

MESS.

I think it's the double turn when it went to pot. They not only turned hogan face but Nash too, Goldberg became an afterthought. Your new top heel in flair none wanted to boo either.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

Hogan, Sting and Goldberg vs Nash, Rick Steiner and Sid is tremendous fun and that’s facts.

Entrances were the best part. I liked Crush Em. Don't @ me bro.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Late 1998.

Currently watching Halloween Havoc 98 and noticed the shorter address, so sounds about right. 

Glad I decided to watch this one as it's give us this classic fan sign

sting-give-hart-the-scoripian.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Well, I’ve done it. I’ve rewatched WCW from the first Nitro, right up until the last, including Thunder and pay-per-views. It was kinda bittersweet watching in late-2000/early-2001 knowing that even though the on-screen and in-ring product was getting better, the arena and crowd sizes were dwindling and the end was nigh.

Topped it off by watching WrestleMania X-Seven, and then jumping straight to the May 28 Raw is War to watch the Invasion start, and going to watch that time period through.

Edited by Your Fight Site