The works of Julia Donaldson

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

My little lad absolutely loves Highway Rat. The TV adaption of Snail and the Whale is brilliant, but the book is crap. 

We went on the Gruffalo walk at Sherwood Pines the other week.

20201201_194704.jpg

Edited by Nick James

You know the bit where you turn the page in Room On The Broom and the dragon appears?

I fucking nailed the drama of that over the years. My kids knew what was coming, but still shit themselves as I dramatically turned the page and ramped up the bass in my voice and went full Blessed.

The absolute marks.

• Moderators

Well, I guess we're doing this as I have to wait here whilst some stuff downloads for work. The official code for all the Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler collaborations (not including the Acorn Wood ones for younger kids):

Room on the broom, Tabby Mc Tat, Stick Man, smartest giant in town, Monkey puzzle, Gruffalo, Snail & the Whale, Charlie Cook's favourite book, Superworm, Squash & a Squeeze, Tiddler, gruffalos child, Zog, Highway Rat

(I haven't read the sequel to Zog or Scarecrow Wedding, and had actually never even heard of The Ugly Five until just now looking at wiki)

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this year's TV adaption, is Zog and the Flying Doctors. Crap.

Gadabout's a prick.

After multiple crash landings that nobody gives a shit about, Zog even says that he's exhausted and Gadabout doesn't even acknowledge him.