The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Some interesting changes in the England test squad. Robinson binned, Leach too. Johnny Bairstow gone, hopefully for the final time but I somehow doubt it.

Oh, and South Africa losing in a crunch match. Tale old as time, though to be honest they were fortunate to even make the final.

• Paid Members

Bumrah's last over and that catch to get rid of Miller were real kicks in the conkers for the Saffa's. 

England shaking up the cosy club that the Test side had become was something no one really expected. I like Leach but fitness is always going to be his problem. 

• Paid Members

As much as I dislike India, I will never not find South Africa's constant choking very funny indeed. "We'll see off Bumrah and target Pandya" - that went well.

The amusing thing about the Test squad is that the keeper they've picked is currently not keeping for his county - Foakes is.

And the spinner they've selected is currently not playing for his county - Leach is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a nice day at the Test match yesterday.

Like most days at the cricket, I find the days drift into the distance and memories become hazy after 3pm despite not being a huge drinker. It slowly becomes less about watching every ball and more about chatting, drinking, eating and just letting yourself be absorbed by the good atmosphere.

That said, everything I saw up until and the bits I paid attention to after 3pm was interesting. Big Summer for Jamie Smith and Gus Atkinson so far, especially interesting when you consider they weren't guaranteed starters for Surrey in the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Some people imagine that if the ball came their way in the crowd, they'd leap into action, take the perfect catch and soak up the applause of the crowd before watching the replay on the big screen.

I have never been under such an illusion.

Screenshot_12.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Somerset with a glorious last minute victory over the force of pure evil that is Surrey. One of the best 4 day games you will ever see. Ebbed and flowed, Tom Banton came out on crutches at 11. I mean, we'll still finish second in the CC - it's preordained by the universe. Still, we can dream. The most I have enjoyed Somerset cricket the past 20 years has been when we've had spinning decks and watching Leach and young Archie Vaughan get some purchase was great fun. 20k watching the end of the live stream yesterday. A wonderful win.

Edited by Gus Mears

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This England Test team are ridiculous aren't they. 823-7 declared. A lead of 257 and only faced 1 over more than the Pakistan team. Root and Brook breaking batting records for fun, then having Pakistan 6 down at the close. If they win tomorrow that's remarkable on a pitch that has been as flat as a witches tits for the preceeding days.