The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/67785016

Tom Curran, and Sam for that matter are a pair of arrogant pricks. Tom getting a 4 game BBL ban for not doing as he is told and trying to intimidate the umpire is right on brand for him. Serves him right. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Well today was fucking awful wasn't it?

To top it off, it's TalkSport radio coverage and and they've assembled the Avengers for cunts. David Lloyd, Steve Harmison, Darren Gough, Kevin Pietersen, Alex Tudor and Gareth Batty. Rancid.

• Paid Members

Four front-line bowlers and two of them with one cap between them, just madness. Not even really much of a Bazball effort either. It was like watching Root's England again.

• Paid Members

And it turns out Ducky was on the side of delusional which is not a new thing for this forum I'll grant you, but it is for English cricket. 

England are 175 behind, India still have 3 first innings wickets left, the part time spinner Root has been the best bowler, and the pitch is showing signs of variable bounce. I bet the Indians can't believe what a terrible position England have got them in. 

• Paid Members

This is why Test cricket is the best. Pope was superb, Jasprit's reverse swing that got rid of Duckett and Root was phenomenal, you just don't get that in the shorter forms of the game. India must still be favourites but England have at least batted themselves into having a chance of winning when they looked to have none. 

• Paid Members
On 1/26/2024 at 1:33 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Definitely a series where you're glad it's on in the middle of the night and you miss most of it.

Apparently not. 

Jesus H Christ on a bike and the 12 disciples on a 12 seater tandem that is remarkable. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Apparently not. 

Jesus H Christ on a bike and the 12 disciples on a 12 seater tandem that is remarkable. 

Ridiculous. Just a few hours after West Indies B beat Australia as well, and with a fast bowler with a broken foot. Test cricket is the best thing in sport.

• Paid Members

The run out Stokes pulled off was some crazy shit, even for a guy who fields like he does. Hartley has some journey in this match as well. First ball hit for six, last ball to take 7 for and win the match. All of that without mentioning Pope and his stellar innings. 

I'm hoping to catches the Aussie v Windies highlights somewhere. That was also mad like you said. 

• Paid Members

Amazing win. Seen this movie before though (3 years ago). I struggle to see any of the matches going to a draw given how the pitches are likely to be from this point in. If we can somehow take the next though...

Hartley with the sort of second innings performance we've been dreaming of for a while. Of course Leach is injured. I am the biggest Jack Leach fan on earth but the lad is made from papier mache. If it's not Chron's then it's his leg. If it's not his leg then he's fallen over while going for a piss and cracked his skull open.

My enjoyment of this all time great victory was hampered a bit by the commentary, which was every bit as shite as I feared. Whatever Darren Gough and Alex Tudor have, gravitas it is not.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

My enjoyment of this all time great victory was hampered a bit by the commentary, which was every bit as shite as I feared. Whatever Darren Gough and Alex Tudor have, gravitas it is not.

Tbh the TV commentary great either. Pietersen was on that, too, and Dinesh Karthik is rubbish as well. I don't mind Eoin Morgan but Ravi Shastri gets on my tits and his commentary always seems like he's been fed his lines by the BCCI like Vince McMahon used to feed Michael Cole his.