The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Well it wasn't Jasprit that did the damage it was mainly England themselves. I suppose we are meant to forgive an array of dogshit shots as "Bazball" but shite is shite and England didn't help themselves at all. Then Jaiswal and Gill rubbed salt in the wounds until Jaiswal has to go off injured. Its a long way back from this position. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Nexus said:

YJB needs to be dropped now. He's not in for his keeping, and his batting is completely off a cliff now. 

Nasser or Athers will call him shit in their column, he'll get mad about it, smash four centuries in a row and then go back to this. 

Ey up, what's this? It's only the Over 40s World Cup!

My club had an Indian Overseas Player in 2008 and 2009 who played about 70 FC games in India. Well it turns out that he now lives in Canada and is their captain in said competition. Oh and he scored 103* against Namibia in the first game.

England beat Zimbabwe in our first game, with a squad that includes Phil Mustard, Nick Compton and Darren Stephens. And we're coached by the level headed Andre Nel.

That's me following this tournament for the next fortnight or so.

https://masterscricket.org/o40swc-2024/

4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere, which is a shame. 

This was the Canadian game - presume it should be pretty easy to navigate to the others.

The competition is in Cape Town - and it sounds like random locals do the commentary, which is as amusing as it sounds.

They're better than Swann though.

https://www.youtube.com/live/mCk9Z_nZJnA?si=KSM9neMfhPxOjI__

• Paid Members
On 2/18/2024 at 1:31 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

My guess is that they will drop a couple of bowlers and go with the same batting lineup. It's obviously the bowlers fault when the batsmen can only bat 111 overs in 2 test match innings. 

Rehan Ahmed and Mark Wood out, Ollie Robinson and Shoaib Bashir in. 

• Paid Members

Enjoy it while you can I guess. It's not like he's going to get fitter as he approaches his mid 30's. I find it hard to imagine him lasting much longer in the game than a few more years. It'll be a sad day when he hands over the captaincy to Jimmy.