The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, air_raid said:

There’s no good way out for Priest now, he’s a moron forever. Short of turning up to Seth’s hospital with a ref.

He could cash in on Cody immediately after he wins the belt on the show after Mania. He said he was going to finish the story, but he was never promised a happy ending.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Duke said:

He could cash in on Cody immediately after he wins the belt on the show after Mania. He said he was going to finish the story, but he was never promised a happy ending.

Well, for some the journey and moment of pay off is infinitely more valuable than actually being the champion, holding it for a decent length of time or making defences. Thinking about Tommy Dreamer in ECW, Homicide in ROH, and for a tiny fraction of posters that will appreciate it…. Danny Hope.

EDIT - in no way do I misrepresent myself as willing to accept Cody getting Lugered in such a manner. He’s the man.

Edited by air_raid

38 minutes ago, Duke said:

Absolutely. It totally fits the Cody character. He finally defeats the undefeatable Reigns. He completes his story....and then Priest cashes in and steals it.

Instant heat on Priest and Cody now has to get it back. It was stolen from him just like it was from his Dad. It's perfect for the story arc. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Absolutely. It totally fits the Cody character. He finally defeats the undefeatable Reigns. He completes his story....and then Priest cashes in and steals it.

Instant heat on Priest and Cody now has to get it back. It was stolen from him just like it was from his Dad. It's perfect for the story arc. 

For the record I was messing around and this is absolutely not a good idea.

• Paid Members

Yeah. It gives me an uneasy feeling because it reminds me too much of what they did to Reigns at Survivors 2015, finally giving him the belt for the first time for a seconds to the benefit of Sheamus. Worse than the suggestion of making him wait AGAIN and finally crowning him at a SummerSlam when it's far far far too late for everyone to care as much as they might.

Thread should be named "The Official UKFF RAW(ful things they did to Reigns that they could now to Cody) thread (part 2)" amirite

8 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

SI is reporting Cody's not the plan for 'Mania.

Get ready for Dwayne/Roman! 

If they can keep @Supremo spinning for another 12 months on the Cody merry-go-round, fair play! ;)

They fucked it though, with Cody.  They'll never admit it, and they will find a moment to put the title on him, but they built to the perfect moment and then bottled it, and now bigger fish have arrived in the pond and Cody's back in the pack, no matter how popular he is.

• Paid Members

And they'll be right back where they were after all the Cena/Rock stuff wrapped, thinking "Where do we go from here?" when there's no apparent fresh top hero to turn to.

To be fair I'll be happy if they do what they did then, and give Big Dave a call.

• Paid Members

I hate it. The end to Roman’s epic reign needs more finality than that, it would be such a massive waste of a moment that wont come along again for the foreseeable future. He was finally dethroned after this years-long era of dominance  only for the guy who beat him to hold the belt for 2 minutes. It would completely cut Cody’s legs off *and* it’d be a waste of the Roman loss. I hate the idea of Cody not winning it at Mania *again* after they fucked it last year, but him winning and then losing it minutes later is even worse. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, JLM said:

I hate it. The end to Roman’s epic reign needs more finality than that, it would be such a massive waste of a moment that wont come along again for the foreseeable future. He was finally dethroned after this years-long era of dominance  only for the guy who beat him to hold the belt for 2 minutes. It would completely cut Cody’s legs off *and* it’d be a waste of the Roman loss. I hate the idea of Cody not winning it at Mania *again* after they fucked it last year, but him winning and then losing it minutes later is even worse. 

Yeah I mean what JLM said, but I also think that if Cody is your top babyface and face of the company, he needs to hold the title for an extended period of time. Not how long Roman held it for, but a while to establish him as the guy.

Unrelated, but if Cody's not winning the Rumble, he needs to either not be in it at all, or eliminated before Rock turns up (if he does) or Punk does (if he's winning). 

Punk winning and then picking Seth is beyond even his promo ability to rescue, I think, so if those are the two title matches,  Rock better  win the rumble.