The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Because the loss last year has badly affected the support he's getting, hasn't it.

There does come a point where the baby-face who can't get it done loses momentum fast though. Obviously that's not happened yet, and I don't know if it would happen if he doesn't win at this mania, but the longer it goes, the closer  it gets.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Duke said:

There does come a point where the baby-face who can't get it done loses momentum fast though. Obviously that's not happened yet, and I don't know if it would happen if he doesn't win at this mania, but the longer it goes, the closer  it gets.

Possibly. But not the extent he'll go back to AEW.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Possibly. But not the extent he'll go back to AEW.

Oh yeah that's not happening, hilarious though it would be for him to finish the story by winning the international title.

31 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Well, if she does, you heard it here first.

Damage Control v Bayley, Naomi and Sasha was the other match I didn't know I wanted but now do.

This is the forum that said there is no way Punk would turn up at Survivor Series. Still a better hit rate than Meltzer though. 

• Paid Members
On 1/16/2024 at 2:21 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I'd sooner that you were unbearable Raiders than Da Meltz. 

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is the forum that said there is no way Punk would turn up at Survivor Series. Still a better hit rate than Meltzer though. 

(ahem)

Mind you, I also said Rock "would never wrestle again" which very likely is about to become properly wrong, not counting the Rowan "match" from Mania 32.

However, this line of thought took me down a rabbit hole....

50553_139421572761552_7770401_n.jpg.76e8f318657f06278c24999412579a29.jpg

.... into the old thread about the Taker video which prompting everyone to start gushing about Sting. It was a good yardstick for Sensible vs Morons.

Very early, mim, Harmonic, Butch were calling that it was Taker and no time later, Meltzer was telling us it was for Taker. Which didn't stop people losing their minds thinking it would be Sting, saying they'd suck their own dick if it wasn't and so on. Even after local press for the venue that Raw was held at actually announcing "The return of The Undertaker" people's excitement still knew no bounds with comments like ;
"NOTE: STING HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE TNA ROSTER PAGE AS OF THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS"
... and fizzing over no name NEWZ sites confirming Sting had signed a one year deal while Seven Star Dave kept saying it was bollocks. It didn't stop the parade of idiots refusing to accept it was only Taker coming back, while Ian, Pity and PunkStep took the piss. I was even bold enough to finally stick my neck out ;

Screenshot2024-01-18091338.png.22aba2790d6188dedada3b247df8eeec.png

Even after Meltzer actually told us the plan was Taker vs Triple H, there was some resistance, insisting the dream match was on. Rick, CVD and RepoMan looked forward to HHH vs Taker. Credit to Supremo who called it regarding "but shouldn't Hunter even things up with Sheamus instead?"

"With how far Sheamus' stock has fallen in the past few months, dressed like a pleb and feuding with Santino, Morrison and Mark Henry, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he quickly loses to Triple H in the main event of the same show Hunter returns on, allowing Trips to move on to bigger and better things."

Even after code referring to "Undertaker VT" leaked from wwe.com, people still were convinced someone else was inside the shed itself - Triple H, HBK, Chris Jericho.

"I agree Rick, it really did look like Shawn Michaels face. I'd know that chin anywhere!"
"I just googled 'The Undertakers Chin', I cant tell if it looks like Shawn"
"thats hbk, the jawline and the facial feature is defo hbk"
Pity nailed it -  "In this thread, it seems like "looks like Shawn" is just another term for "has a beard."

There were some cracking logic holes from the idiots about whose boots they were or that Taker wasn't wearing his coat.
Ian "Why would Undertaker have his coat on in the house? It would be soaking. Its pissing down outside."

In conclusion - no conclusion, really. My main motivation was to find out who first made the "Sable's fanny" joke, which was probably Ian, but it wasn't in that actual thread. But I did unearth this forgotten gem.

Screenshot2024-01-18081855.png.2b1bfb07942d260d2c8e465dfb1018c1.png

14 hours ago, Duke said:

I think Cody will win the title at Summerslam, and I think I'm OK with that now. Thinking back, very, very few title wins that truly meant something to me happened at Wrestlemania - Daniel Bryan at 30 and Kofi Kingston at 35; but outside of that, most of the victories that gave me goosebumps happened elsewhere. Bryan defeating Cena at Summerslam; Eddie Guerrero winning at No Way Out; CM Punk at Money In the Bank; Jeff Hardy at Armageddon...

As long as the crowd are into it, and the build-up is good, Rhodes winning the belt on a stage that isn't Wrestlemania can still feel really special. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I think Cody will win the title at Summerslam, and I think I'm OK with that now. Thinking back, very, very few title wins that truly meant something to me happened at Wrestlemania - Daniel Bryan at 30 and Kofi Kingston at 35; but outside of that, most of the victories that gave me goosebumps happened elsewhere. Bryan defeating Cena at Summerslam; Eddie Guerrero winning at No Way Out; CM Punk at Money In the Bank; Jeff Hardy at Armageddon...

As long as the crowd are into it, and the build-up is good, Rhodes winning the belt on a stage that isn't Wrestlemania can still feel really special. 

I may be misremembering here, but hasn't he spoken to or alluded to wanting to win it specifically at mania?

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I think Cody will win the title at Summerslam, and I think I'm OK with that now. Thinking back, very, very few title wins that truly meant something to me happened at Wrestlemania - Daniel Bryan at 30 and Kofi Kingston at 35; but outside of that, most of the victories that gave me goosebumps happened elsewhere.

In the last ten years, maybe, by the intangible of your goosebumps. But they had Rollins screw the invincible Lesnar at 31, finally crowned Reigns properly (first time round) at 32, had Seth knock off Lesnar at 35 and Drew do the same at 36, so putting the next top guy on the spot hasn't completely died a death.

Moreover, it's a landmark Mania. They've used it as a launchpad for "this is the hero" and had him win the belt at 10, 20 and 30.

And third and most importantly, I'm going to say it again...

On 1/6/2024 at 3:01 PM, air_raid said:

It’s a chance to have the big bad knocked off after the longest recognised World title reign for 36 years, crown the next “face of the company” and do it at a landmark Mania, that being 40. This is never going to come around again.

They Lugered Reigns at Mania (TWICE) and had him win the belt at a SummerSlam in a protracted route to making him "face of the company" as a babyface. It failed. They'd be idiots to do it again. I'll be mortified if they make Cody wait beyond Mania 40, or even have him win the Seth belt, currently the third most prestigious out of two championships.

21 minutes ago, air_raid said:

In the last ten years, maybe, by the intangible of your goosebumps. But they had Rollins screw the invincible Lesnar at 31, finally crowned Reigns properly (first time round) at 32, had Seth knock off Lesnar at 35 and Drew do the same at 36, so putting the next top guy on the spot hasn't completely died a death.

Moreover, it's a landmark Mania. They've used it as a launchpad for "this is the hero" and had him win the belt at 10, 20 and 30.

Oh, you're totally right. A title win at 'Mania - whether it's Austin, Lesnar, Batista, Cena or someone else - is typically a statement of intent; particularly when it's a main event win. It's a much bigger deal than winning the belt elsewhere. That said, Summerslam still has a level of prestige to it that can be built on further by giving it big moments. I'm kind of OK with the prospect of a monumental match headlining Summerslam, with long term consequences. I'd rather see Cody win the belt at Wrestlemania for sure, but if Rock is finally available to face Roman, I feel a bit more accepting of a choice to postpone Cody's big win. 

1 hour ago, Duke said:

I may be misremembering here, but hasn't he spoken to or alluded to wanting to win it specifically at mania?

I'm not sure, but from my recollection it was all about winning the title his dad never managed to win. I don't think (but may be wrong) that 'Mania was ever a factor. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'm not sure, but from my recollection it was all about winning the title his dad never managed to win. 

It was. Hopefully this means the company is committed to Cody winning THE title, rather than Seth's belt, which didnt exist when his dad was active.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This really is the most depressing thread on this entire forum right now. I'm gonna see if I can block it with Ublock.

Apt, considering how much you’d endorse the son of the son of a plumber winning the big belts.