WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

Girlfriend is playing Alan Wake 2. Is this what the youth would call a “Vibe”? I occasionally look up and this it looks pretty scary but now David Harewood is currently singing a cheesy metal song. 

I was watching a video about that lad yesterday! It's actually surprising just how young the best players are but you see it with a lot of that thing, speedrunning and the likes of old games that were released before they were even born.

Edited by Merzbow

I picked up Signalis on the Humble Bundle sale using my Humble Choice discount, and if you’re a fan of survival horror - and to be honest, I’m not huge on the genre - you absolutely need to pick this up. It’s absolutely brilliant. It’s astonishingly atmospheric and tense. I can’t say enough good things about this game.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I picked up Signalis on the Humble Bundle sale using my Humble Choice discount, and if you’re a fan of survival horror - and to be honest, I’m not huge on the genre - you absolutely need to pick this up. It’s absolutely brilliant. It’s astonishingly atmospheric and tense. I can’t say enough good things about this game.

Co-signed. I still can't believe it was made by only two people.

Anyone dipped in to The Forgotten City? Started as a Skyrim mod then became it's own thing as it's clearly far too good and better written than anything Bethesda have ever put out. It's a clever little mystery adventure where you're sent back in time and trapped in an underground Roman town that will be wiped dead if anyone there sins/breaks "The Golden Rule".

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Anyone dipped in to The Forgotten City? Started as a Skyrim mod then became it's own thing as it's clearly far too good and better written than anything Bethesda have ever put out. It's a clever little mystery adventure where you're sent back in time and trapped in an underground Roman town that will be wiped dead if anyone there sins/breaks "The Golden Rule".

It was on Gamepass a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it. Fantastic hidden gem.

42 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Anyone dipped in to The Forgotten City? Started as a Skyrim mod then became its own thing as it's clearly far too good and better written than anything Bethesda have ever put out. It's a clever little mystery adventure where you're sent back in time and trapped in an underground Roman town that will be wiped dead if anyone there sins/breaks "The Golden Rule".

Yeah - it’s really good, and I’d absolutely back up your recommendation here. It’s a very strong game, and pretty remarkable to consider that this was once a mod.

On the subject of Skyrim mods - Enderal is well worth downloading. You need to base game to play it, but it’s certainly worth the investment; even if you own Skyrim on another system. It’s amazing that people are dedicated enough to create something so excellent without earning money for their work.

• Paid Members

Thirding The Forgotten City, I absolutely loved it, but it wasn't too complicated that meant I got grumpy with it.

I've absolutely flown through Spider-Man 2, it's brilliant. I'm 3-4 missions from the end, and I'm doing my best to try and 100% it, although if I have to get gold medals in the time trials, then it can fuck off. 

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Nexus said:

Thirding The Forgotten City, I absolutely loved it, but it wasn't too complicated that meant I got grumpy with it.

I've absolutely flown through Spider-Man 2, it's brilliant. I'm 3-4 missions from the end, and I'm doing my best to try and 100% it, although if I have to get gold medals in the time trials, then it can fuck off. 

image.thumb.png.78a39dea16fd877b471a7fffa626f2ea.png

What a game. I loved every minute of it, except for the missions which needed the adaptive triggers. Even then, I tolerated it to get the 100%. I also went back and destroyed all the time trials, so I have ultimate smug satisfaction. 

I'm not normally into mods - kind of a weird "I want to consume it as it was intended/with the limitations it had at the time" thing going on - but this looks incredible. Well...it looks like 2015's Fallout 4 but in London. So incredible, to me. Really wish I had a PC to play it on as I can't see it coming out for the consoles but hey, stranger things have happend:

I saw that Evil West was on the monthly Plus list and gave it a try, it's the epitome of PS3 era B level action games but for modern hardware. I kinda like it although it's not quite charming enough to fully get past the jank, fun but it's no Binary Domain.

• Paid Members

It ended up being one of my favourites of 2022 (a really disappointing gaming year tbf), an AA banger. We don't get anywhere enough linear action games anymore. It was a fun ride all the way through, with no filler or pointless "depth" padding it out and a load of B-movie charm.

It is no Binary Domain though, what a game!