WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

Double post wankage! 

Pay2win match 3 gems puzzle game WWE Champions is still shuffling along 5 years later and I'm still playing. At some point about two years ago they changed their portrait artist and it's notably worse. Who do you think this is? 

FB_IMG_1643960244821.thumb.jpg.8162a183c7d7264836ebbbde59ea817d.jpg

Spoiler

No not Tyson Kidd. Lex Luger!

• Moderators

I've also been playing a horribly grindy whale trap mobile game. A rhythm action game called Beatstars. It's a lot of fun. I haven't played anything like this since the guitar hero heyday. It's annoying because it's a very polished and well made game with lots of popular music (most of which I'd never heard before), but obviously it's been intentionally crippled by pay to play mechanics. Oh well. I'm still playing it a month later anyway.... 

Not quite as bad and I've managed to play without paying over the past year or more (I've spent free Google credit a few times) is 80's Wrestling Mania Returns.

It's a cute little GM mode type game with fake wrestlers, they're still updating it with new cards and I just got a bootleg Eddie Guerrero who's instantly been made my TV champion. Now the sequel based on modern wrestling is grindy as hell, wrestlers rarely ever gain skills and you make next to no money in game.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Double post wankage! 

Pay2win match 3 gems puzzle game WWE Champions is still shuffling along 5 years later and I'm still playing. At some point about two years ago they changed their portrait artist and it's notably worse. Who do you think this is? 

FB_IMG_1643960244821.thumb.jpg.8162a183c7d7264836ebbbde59ea817d.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

No not Tyson Kidd. Lex Luger!

Probably from all the money DarkSydePhil. Pumps into it. 

@Chest RockwellI keep getting sponsored ads for it all over the place with Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz.

Picked up Unpacking on Switch in the sale using a £15 eShop voucher. It's already been discussed here. It is nice and chill. I didn't realise there are cheevos in game that you can acquire through putting things in the wrong place (that's one for out of context), so once I've done the story I'll have to try and trot back through and figure them out. 

5 minutes ago, ThommoLincs said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60266275

GTA 6 is in active development. 

Kind of a nothing announcement, isn't it? I had assumed GTA 6 was under development. I feel like this is them throwing a bone to the many, many people (myself included) who will be screaming WHERE IS GTA 6 when the next iterations of GTA V arrive.

• Paid Members

The GTAV thread on here is over 10 years old. 10 years! Back then United were still winning league titles, Anthony Joshua's career hadn't begun, there was a 'coalition' running the country and Brexit was probably the name of Lidl's Weetabix knockoff. 

9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The GTAV thread on here is over 10 years old. 10 years! Back then United were still winning league titles, Anthony Joshua's career hadn't begun, there was a 'coalition' running the country and Brexit was probably the name of Lidl's Weetabix knockoff. 

Simpler times 

• Paid Members

I bet we don't see it until at least 2024. They just had to put something out to distract from the shitstorm around the remastered trilogy and the delay to the PS5/XBox Series versions of GTA Online. 

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'll do a whole new story or just a new city for their online cash cow with the occasional story missions arriving now and again.