WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
On 11/26/2021 at 6:03 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I hear DS2 is an acquired taste

I'm planning a mammoth write up on these as I'm making my way through them. Suffice to say I think DS2 is more of the same, and I mean that in a nice way. 

5 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm planning a mammoth write up on these as I'm making my way through them. Suffice to say I think DS2 is more of the same, and I mean that in a nice way. 

Cool, it’s £7.99 so I might just stick in my stupid pointless collection of digital games I’ll probably never really get around to playing despite my best efforts. Would be interested in reading said write up too when you get to it. Dunno how helpful it would be to yourself but for a novice like me the Bonfireside Chat podcast had loads of good stuff on it, basically a podcast format of what you’re doing with loads of both confirmed and unconfirmed lore tidbits.

• Awards Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Cool, it’s £7.99 so I might just stick in my stupid pointless collection of digital games I’ll probably never really get around to playing despite my best efforts.

If you think you might ever play it, £7.99 is a bargain. 

Been playing through Death Stranding:Directors Cut on PS5, finished the PS4 version when it came out years ago and got this for a good price so thought I’d give it a go again.

Think I’m on Chapter 6 currently and the backtracking through mountains has really fucked me off and I can’t be bothered with it currently, I have a ridiculous amount of backlog to get through too so I think I’ll start with Horizon Zero Dawn next

3 hours ago, Nexus said:

Started playing Deathloop. It's a lot of silly fun. I like that it's quite forgiving, as well. 

I heard some negativity over the AI being dumb but this isn't the kind of game where you want to be dying over and over, restarting the day too often.

23 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I heard some negativity over the AI being dumb but this isn't the kind of game where you want to be dying over and over, restarting the day too often.

It’s very very dumb but it was part of the charm for me and fits in with the feel of the game very well. If you play with actual real invading players and not the easy to kill AI ones the difficulty really ramps up anyway. It’s a good option to switch between the two for when you want challenging gameplay and when you just want to blast through a cycle and explore. Probably the best game I’ve played on PS5 so far even if they do make some questionable decisions.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I picked up the Master Chief collection in the sales over the weekend as I'd never played a Halo game before. I've stuck it on easy because I suck at FPS games, but it's pretty forgiving. Story seems interesting. I've been dividing my evenings between that and still playing DOA6. There are some costumes that can be unlocked for free, but you have to play through certain modes and then it'll give you a number of points towards unlocking a character's costume which you then have to buy with in-game currency. The raunchier the costume the more points you need to earn to unlock it. Presumably you get more through online play, but I'm definitely not ready to get my arse handed to me online. I'll stick to trotting through the arcade and survival ladders and eventually find a character that I enjoy playing as, hopefully.