Best Pixar Film  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tell you what will never be in the running, The Good Dinosaur.

I know it had a tough production, with rewrites and delays, but it’s completely lacking in that fantastical element that makes a Pixar film. Monsters Inc has the monster world, Toy Story has the toys coming to life, Incredibles has superheroes etc. Good Dinosaur has none of that and you’d be forgiven for thinking it had been made by Dreamworks or  Blue Sky.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

The ending being woody and Andy moving on while leaving them with Bonney. All of the toys together was great. Then 4 came along ripped it all up and broke up the team. Not a fan 

That's not how sequels work.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

I was quite happy to have it end at 3, as i said i felt 4 lessened 3 impact

No movie sequel in history has ever had the power to travel back in time and spoil its predecessor.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Ok if thats your opinion 

I just don't get it though. So say you'd rate Toy Story 3 5 stars. And then you watch Toy Story 4, which you didn't like. Does that then mean Toy Story 3 is, what, a 4 star film now? Nothing's changed, it's still the same film. I'm not having a go at you, loads of people say similar things about sequels and remakes, but it's nonsensical.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I just don't get it though. So say you'd rate Toy Story 3 5 stars. And then you watch Toy Story 4, which you didn't like. Does that then mean Toy Story 3 is, what, a 4 star film now? Nothing's changed, it's still the same film. I'm not having a go at you, loads of people say similar things about sequels and remakes, but it's nonsensical.

In my opinion it ruins the arc. So in 3 woodys storyline was about accepting he has to let go of Andy and working out he belongs with the others. It’s a powerful message. Bonnie takes them in and the family that where willing to accept going into the furnace aslong as they are together remain. 

I find it hard to be able to watch it now knowing it didn’t really matter in the grand scale. Bonnie disregards woody who in turns breaks up the family he was so desperate to stay with. 

I guess it does not make 3 worse but imo messes up its impact in the arc.

Edited by quote the raven

• Moderators

I really don't think there's a right answer here. Logically what Devon's arguing makes complete sense but a good film should have you emotionally invested, so you can't just assume to operate on pure logic. It's like the whole 'separating the art from the artist' argument. Some people can always, others can't ever, and for most people there's a line somewhere depending on how bad the transgression is.

9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I really don't think there's a right answer here. Logically what Devon's arguing makes complete sense but a good film should have you emotionally invested, so you can't just assume to operate on pure logic. It's like the whole 'separating the art from the artist' argument. Some people can always, others can't ever, and for most people there's a line somewhere depending on how bad the transgression is.

Yeah, I do agree, I was kidding.

A sequel, reboot or whatever should never sully something that you love. It's a completely separate thing. I love Spaced, but I always hated that scene where Tim stands in his garden and burns all his Star Wars stuff after The Phantom Menace came out. Shouldn't have ruined it for him, but then it's all individual as you say.

Even if they remade my favourite film ever, Back To The Future, or had a sequel, I'd still love the originals just as much if it was a bit poo.

Edited by SuperBacon