Best Pixar Film  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It's between Wall-E, Up, Inside Out and the three Toy Story films. All of them are near perfect cinema so there is no wrong answer picking out of that lot. However, I went with Inside Out because it's got more laughs and it's the freshest one I remember watching. Such a great concept too, something both child-like about the idea but complex in it's realisation.

I went for the first Toy Story but could have easily put Monsters Inc, Wall-E or Finding Nemo there. Didn't realise how hard it was to vote on because there's such charm in each film. 

I've been re-watching these on Disney+ and even after a few years and repeat viewings I catch something new each time.

I vote the first film over the others in the series for the simplicity of the storyline and it really focuses on being a toy whereas the others try hard and stray from what it should be about.

Inside out is amazing and I'm glad cars doesn't get a look in.

• Paid Members

It's a really tough choice, so much good stuff to choose from. For me, it's between both Incredibles, and Up. Ratatouille is a lovely little film, but it's definitely not the best of Pixar's output. 

The first Incredibles will always get a big plus point from me for having a French terrorist supervillain called "Bomb Voyage", and I'm not sorry. What I loved about it was how it went into basically a post-superheroes storyline and did it incredibly well for an establishing film. The second one generally feels better-crafted, better-paced, and more layered, however.

As for Up - those first twenty minutes. Good god. Still breaks me on re-watches.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Was torn between toy story 3 and inside out. 

Went with toy story 3 in the end. I was won over by the claw scene. The ending was dam near perfect till they ruined it with 4 

How did they ruin it with 4?

• Paid Members

I remember seeing Up in cinemas and really enjoyed it, probably because I related to Dug. 

• Members

I voted Ratatouille from this list but that's probably just based on current preference and having kids at ages where Pixar films are almost on loop at our house.

I possibly would have voted Moana if it was an option. Monsters Inc is obviously brilliant too. 

I love the first three Toy Story films but 4 was a bit of a let down. I think they opened the universe up too much and put in too many new characters at the expense of familiar ones for what's supposed to be the closing chapter.

I'm not a big fan of Up after the opening scenes. I can take or leave the Nemo/Dory and Incredibles films.

No love for Tangled or Brave??

58 minutes ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

I love the first three Toy Story films but 4 was a bit of a let down. I think they opened the universe up too much and put in too many new characters at the expense of familiar ones for what's supposed to be the closing chapter.

They’ve always introduced new characters each Toy Story film though, Jessie and Bullseye in 2, Pricklepants and that dinosaur in 3 etc. For me the much bigger issue that I really didn’t enjoy about 4 was:

The bitch of an antagonist not only didn’t get her comeuppance but got exactly what she wanted without really learning a lesson. She didn’t become ‘good’, everyone else just seemed to become more tolerant and take pity on her. While I appreciate it shows what a stand up guy Woody is, it just wasn’t the ending I wanted.