Action figures/toys

Divorced Dad

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Distinct lack of Transformers in this thread. I've noticed in the collecting realm of that fandom there are a number of companies producing very high quality "nock offs" of characters from that franchise. These 3rd party companies seem to get around licensing issues by changing the names of the characters. Some of the figures produced are incredibly well made and the engineering involved in the transformation generally of an equal quality. Are there third party releases in other lines? Are they well regarded?

https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1178684205032726530

The above tweet is a good example. The two larger figures are different representations of the same character, Superion. They cost around £250 each. They are made by two separate companies. The Optimus Prime is an official Hasbro/Takara figure.  Part of the Master Piece range. Which are highly detailed, and quite expensive. At around £400 for that Prime.

Not sure about this type of knock off in the horror figure collecting world, but something that has exploded in the past 18 months is the amount of Chinese knock offs of NECA/MEZCO releases on ebay and the like. They are sold as genuine products, but are between half to a quarter of of the actual price. I grabbed a Pennywise from the new IT film about a year ago to see what the are like in person(as they use the genuine thing in the photos), and although they are decent, there is a noticable drop in quality of the packagging as well as the actual figure...

• Paid Members

Slowly getting rid of all of my stuff that isn’t wrestling.

Although I’m keeping hold of my MASK, Visionaries, GI Joe Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat and early 90’s Kenner Aliens figures.

A bloke I know is opening up a toy museum in town, so will donate a few to him.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Although I’m keeping hold of my MASK, Visionaries, GI Joe Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat and early 90’s Kenner Aliens figures.

The 90's Kenner Alien stuff is a line I'd love to get my hands on! I've got a '79 Kenner Alien, but criminally, that's the only "Alien" collectable I have!

I'm off to my mam's next weekend to have a search through her loft to see if I can find all my Beetlejuce, Biekr Mice from MArs and Buck O'Hare things. I had shit loads of the Beetlejuce ones, and also had the grave playset that went with it(I used to use it for "casket" matches with my Hasbros. God knows what else I will find up there. Also hoping to find my "Manta Force" spaceship thing...

• Awards Moderator
42 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Is that the sci-fi one in Hexham or something different?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is that the sci-fi one in Hexham or something different?

It’s actually at Fantastic Toys & Collectibles new spot in grainger market mate.

They used to be at the back end, near the Dr. Martins shop, but they moved forward a couple of rows in to a bigger store. The back of the shop will ‘eventually’ be a museum for his personal collection. I dropped him off some Ghostbuster & terminator stuff last week, can’t wait to see him eventually get around to it. Their actual general stock is very impressive.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Although I’m keeping hold of my MASK, Visionaries, GI Joe Street.

Any idea if any of those lines have had a 3rd party reimagining? Similar to what's going on with the 3rd party Transformers.  Some of the Mask vehicles could benefit from modern engineering. 

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, BigJag said:

Any idea if any of those lines have had a 3rd party reimagining? Similar to what's going on with the 3rd party Transformers.  Some of the Mask vehicles could benefit from modern engineering. 

Only thing I’m aware of is this 2017 one off box set. Quite a selection.

7F3820AF-CC27-4BDB-85FB-7EF1E408D758.jpeg

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

That's a mad mix of there ever was one.

M.A.S.K. Visionaries and GI Joe are from the same kind of era, but ROM???

2 figures as well. It’s as if they thought about trying to push the ROM license, so stuck it in a box set with some heavyweights, hoping people would see it as an equal.

But we didn’t. We’re not silly.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

2 figures as well. It’s as if they thought about trying to push the ROM license, so stuck it in a box set with some heavyweights, hoping people would see it as an equal.

But we didn’t. We’re not silly.

I’m sure I read a few years back they were trying to relaunch ROM in a big way. I know nothing of the original  line and it looks like that idea is dead.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

That's a mad mix of there ever was one.

M.A.S.K. Visionaries and GI Joe are from the same kind of era, but ROM???

Revolution was a comic series, which linked all the toy properties the publishers had. It wasn't enormously successful. 

Cool Thread.

I'm going through a Third Party KO Transformers binge at the mo. 

Have Masterpiece Smokescreen, Superion and Defensor from KO stuff.

Looking for a decent Bruticus and Predaking  

Have you seen the Lek Custom repaints? unreal ❤️

71699080_2269910499973542_13722387045506

69014367_590978788105170_120104560839539

• 3 weeks later...