UFC 241: Cormier vs Miocic 2 - Aug 17 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Was it the Stipe fight or Lewis where he sneezed at the press conference or something and threw his back out again? As much as Stipe winning and setting up the trilogy decider would be cool, I don’t know. I’m not sure how many more training camps DC has in him. I’d rather DC beat Stipe 2-0 at the expense of a rubber match than him carry on and lose a fight he shouldn’t have because he’s done one fight too many. 

That's obviously from a selfish fan POV.  Realistically, DC should have retired in March, like he said he would. However, Dana is trying to squeeze 2 or three more fights out of his battered body by giving him guaranteed big money - I imagine with the hope a 3rd Jones fight lines up.

I've said to my fiance she's not allowed to go into labour on Saturday because I don't want to miss this event. 

Genuinely excited for nate coming back hopefully he will get a nasty win and move onto something bigger he deserves the main spot seems a shame being Co main 

14 hours ago, David said:

Everyone no-selling the eye poke of doom then, eh? Bunch of DC fanboys, the lot of ya!

The eye-poke was a horrible foul. After viewing it a second time (see below at 7:50), it was even worse than I remembered. 

However, DC had gameplanned to catch Miocic with a right hand in the clinch. He landed a decent shot on him from that position at 7:12 before the eye-poke (see below). He landed it again after the eye-poke and finished the fight. It was clear that Miocic was vulnerable from that position. It's probable that DC would have eventually caught him in that position, eye-poke or not.

Before that, both were landing decent shots and it was a close round. As demonstrated by their landed significant strikes being almost even at the time of the stoppage.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Stipe's eye was nearly as watery as DC's were after Jones schooled him again.

And also as watery as DC's when Jones eye-poked him the first match.