The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I guess the lame Dad character, saying stuff that used to be cool twenty years ago, works better if it’s all a ruse for Rock to eventually turn on Roman. Supposedly he was staring at Roman when he was saying he was going to “make sure you leave Wrestlemania as the loser.” Cute, if intentional. I just hoped for something a bit more exciting than the greatest hits. Whatever you think of The Bloodline in 2024, Roman is still the coolest man in the company. It felt super jarring having someone so uncool standing next to him as his equal.

Rock and Roman have to show up at Elimination Chamber to challenge Seth and Cody, right? Feels like the Australians are getting massively ripped off if they don’t get a big moment like that. It’s a pretty shit card considering the size of the event.

Logan Paul busting out even more Hangman spots. Adam Page is clearly Logan’s favourite wrestler. Good taste.

Roman may not be advertised to wrestle but a unannounced appearance would be nice for the fans. 

• Paid Members

I was amused by The Rock telling the "fatty" in the audience that he was going to slap the herpes off his face while sounding out of breath telling him that.

It's quite depressing when someone plays the hits and you come to the realisation that they were all quite shit in the first place.

44 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I was amused by The Rock telling the "fatty" in the audience that he was going to slap the herpes off his face while sounding out of breath telling him that.

It's quite depressing when someone plays the hits and you come to the realisation that they were all quite shit in the first place.

I mean, taste is subjective naturally, but Its hard to concede The Rock in his former prime as shit. 

For me, it's just jarring having  The Rock come back in an era of usually slow and methodical promos and characters, with a style that's from an era we've often looked back at in rose tinted fondness. It would like Jack Nicholson's excellent albeit cartoonist joker, suddenly plonked in the world of Phoenix's joker. 

Although I'm not entirely sure it's without intention. 

Edited by SwayWays

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SwayWays said:

I mean, taste is subjective naturally, but Its hard to concede The Rock in his former prime as shit. 

I never said that.

I actually think The Rock grew into it, and pulled back at times when the audience was getting to into it, and kept himself the bad guy throughout.

It started poorly, like a heel Rock tribute act but I thought it actually became more fluent and interesting as he went on. Also, hinting at being a heel because the fans rejected him and chose Cody is a braver angle than I thought they were going to take.

Then it ended back in tribute act territory. Shame.

Cody has been elevated throughout this though, but I think the person suffering is Roman. He's so much cooler than The Rock, and the best part of his act is how he oozes the aura of 'final level boss'; yet he feels a bit 'little brother' at the minute. Or 'little cousin'.

7 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Cody has been elevated throughout this though, but I think the person suffering is Roman. He's so much cooler than The Rock, and the best part of his act is how he oozes the aura of 'final level boss'; yet he feels a bit 'little brother' at the minute. Or 'little cousin'.

I'm not sure he's suffering as such. I think it's the way they were always going once the Rock got involved. And it'll just add to Roman's paranoia. I'm sure they'll play along with it eventually.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Stuff that makes you feel old: that it originally happened thirteen years ago. This realisation is so old, Lawler wouldn't date it.

The Rock looks horrific in that pic posted earlier but had a google and he looks fine. Old, but fine. Never trust a cropped pic. Except this one of Heyman's nazi salute.

The Rock Pledges Allegiance to Roman Reigns & The Bloodline on 2/16 WWE  SmackDown Episode

5 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I never said that.

Well it read that way, but I guess thats the issue with forums perhaps missing  intended tone. 

Regarding the show, I was considering how I'd love the hindsight to experience wwe sans knowledge of the vince accusations, the supposed plans and rumours online etc. Genuinely it's the craziest time as a wwe viewer right now, but it's hard not to consider what else is going on

Edited by SwayWays

8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It's like when people say 'Bring back the Attitude Era'  or 'Bring back ECW'. 

Nah, both were awesome in their time but neither have aged well and they're fine for nostalgia but society has moved on.

Leave the memories alone. 

Completely agree. That's one of the casualties of the network, the damage to the memory of the attitude era, when confronted with a quick rewatch. I never remembered WM2000 had 42 seemingly pointless tag team or multiple person matches. While before rewatching, I would have sworn it was one of the most exciting ppvs of its time. 

10 minutes ago, SwayWays said:

Completely agree. That's one of the casualties of the network, the damage to the memory of the attitude era, when confronted with a quick rewatch. I never remembered WM2000 had 42 seemingly pointless tag team or multiple person matches. While before rewatching, I would have sworn it was one of the most exciting ppvs of its time. 

Its less the tag teams and more the racism, sexism, beating up women and all that lark.

Edited by TheScarlettChad

10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He wasn’t out of breath and to say the Rock was shit in the first place is embarrassing. This forum is embarrassing