The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Just now, no user name said:

Is it possible they might have to change it and put cody on the main event because of the fan reaction?  I mean Ripley v lynch could be a good main event for night one of wwe don't feel the heavyweight championship match is gonna be interesting enough. A lot of people thought Ripley v charlotte flair was the best match of last year 

If a women's match is main eventing then it has to be Bayley. That's the one with the most story behind it.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Double Jimmy.

I think they’re definitely winning the tag belts from Judgment Day at Mania.

Imagine how much more anticipated this years Wrestlemania would be if they’d had The Rock run interference against The Bloodline last year allowing Cody to beat Roman fair and square then a year of quiet build for The Rock vs Roman. Everything they’ve done so well over the past few years yet they’ve completely shit the bed when it comes to making their next top guy and putting on one of the few dream matches they have left.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Imagine how much more anticipated this years Wrestlemania would be if they’d had The Rock run interference against The Bloodline last year allowing Cody to beat Roman fair and square then a year of quiet build for The Rock vs Roman. Everything they’ve done so well over the past few years yet they’ve completely shit the bed when it comes to making their next top guy and putting on one of the few dream matches they have left.

I’ll go one better. Imagine if when Rock turned down the Reigns match at 38 because he wanted to do it at 39 in LA, if he’d actually managed to make sure he’d be able to do it? Then we could have been saved last years heartache of Cody winning the Rumble then getting Lugered at Mania, and just carried on the build for when he was going to win the belt.

Mind you, if we’re fixing 39… if you know Reigns v Rock is happening, you save yourself a predictable outcome and/or Rock having to win the Rumble by getting the belt off “Roman Deigns” beforehand. Thus saving us a load of “Hogans record” bullshit AND you can move the belt into someone else. Like crowning Drew in Cardiff.

On 2/4/2024 at 7:55 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Who could have guessed that the man behind Black Adam might be out of step with what an audience might want. I am shocked.

You mean the guy who took a fourth rate comic book villain, refused to work with the Shazam team and thought he alone could change The DCEU.

Shocked Futurama GIF

• Paid Members

The anticipation for how they're going to spin things, change things or whatever is driving me crazy. I'm falling victim to shite clickbait headlines based on how recently they show as posted.

"ANOTHER CHANGE MADE TO WRESTLEMANIA 40 WWE PLANS REVEALED"

.... the start time has changed. Oh fuck off.

Does anyone know if the Mania press conference tonight is going to show live on the Network or on YouTube? 

I saw a clip of Dwayne getting off his private plane and he referred to himself as “your long gamer”. I’m probably giving them too much credit or I’m still too much in the “it should be Cody” bubble, but is there a chance Rock and Reigns will be at next year’s Mania with a year long build, à la Cena/Rock? 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Does anyone know if the Mania press conference tonight is going to show live on the Network or on YouTube? 

I saw a clip of Dwayne getting off his private plane and he referred to himself as “your long gamer”. I’m probably giving them too much credit or I’m still too much in the “it should be Cody” bubble, but is there a chance Rock and Reigns will be at next year’s Mania with a year long build, à la Cena/Rock? 

Doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere but most articles suggest it'll be on both. If they're doing live stuff on YouTube it usually pops up closer.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Maybe he’s a fan of the Persona games.

• Paid Members

I'm going to ignore the real context and make my own joke.

22 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Which Palace is Cody up to now?

He's looking for the Green Switch Palace. In hopes of defeating Donut Reigns.

Funny Face Lol GIF

Firstly, I hate how the brand split has gone out of the window for Seth’s challenger. What is the belt if not the Raw title? I’m more interested in Gunther’s challenger than Seth’s at this point. It’s hard to create value to the second new World title belt created in the space of five(ish) years. 

On the whole, I enjoyed the show and, for me at least, they’ve salvaged the main event. They’d be nuts not to do Cody/Rock at some point, if Rock’s up for it. I think Rock/Reigns is in our future too - but I wonder if Reigns will be the one to turn babyface; perhaps on the Raw or Smackdown after Wrestlemania, with Rock berating him for losing to Cody. 

Personally, I think they’ve cleaned up their mess - and credit to them for listening to their audience when doing so.

Edited by RedRooster

2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Firstly, I hate how the brand split has gone out of the window for Seth’s challenger. What is the belt if not the Raw title? I’m more interested in Gunther’s challenger than Seth’s at this point. It’s hard to create value to the second new World title belt created in the space of five(ish) years. 

To be fair, the WWE title is potentially going to a Raw star, so I think there's an easy justification for opening up the World Title scene to Smackdown in this Mania season. But, presumably Drew wins at the Chamber.