Where to eat in Paris?

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I'm off to Paris for four days next week with the other half and staying in an apartment near the Eiffel Tower. I don't even know where to begin in terms of looking for restaurants due to the sheer number of them. Keen not to end up with tourist trap shite, but finding it hard to separate the wood from the trees.

Any help, advice, or guides anyone knows would be brilliant. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

French McDonald's go a lovely curry chicken baguette.

Their potato crouquettes are equally delicious!  

This may offer some ideas http://www.everydayparisian.com/every-day-parisian/where-to-eat-and-drink-in-paris

When I go to Paris it is just for a change in trains to go to Disneyland Paris. I can tell you the best places to eat there and where to avoid

• Paid Members

Ignore these pisstakers Gus, I got you. Paris is obviously a hotbed for North African cuisine, this place me and my wife visited last year was really nice:

La Gazelle
24 Rue Damrémont, 75018 Paris, France
+33 1 42 52 54 54
https://goo.gl/maps/ffAd926GScB2

Don't know if that worked properly, I just shared the point of interest from Google Maps.

On our honeymoon we went to the Eiffel tower late and in the end decided to skip it as the queues were far too long even at 9PM, we were tired from walking around all day and it just wasn't that important to us. Being super hungry she pulled us into a restaurant right by the tower on Quai Branly which was very average. After doing so we walked down Avenue De La Bourdonnais to Ecole Miliataire metro station. Between the river and the station were lots of lovelly looking French restaurants, very classic looking which I wish we had gone to as the one on the main road was surrounded by construction. 

Archived