WWE 'Paying Fans To Cheer For Reigns'

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

With thanks to @Big Benny HG for alerting me to this on Twitter.

And a couple of prominent UKFFers actually buying this shit on there too! Mmm mmm.

This guy's whole account is wild. He's taking podcast appearances to talk about this, lads!

• Paid Members

What's funny is, WWE would never need to pay fans to cheer anyone. Wrestling fans are such sheep, just take them to one side and they'd mark out over meeting Sgt Slaughter or some cunt and they'd do whatever they'd say.

Best thing ever was when they were booing Goldberg and he just said "the shows off the air now, this is real so here me out" and they all cheered him!

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

What's funny is, WWE would never need to pay fans to cheer anyone. Wrestling fans are such sheep, just take them to one side and they'd mark out over meeting Sgt Slaughter or some cunt and they'd do whatever they'd say.

This. Every year WWE do a survey/forum thing during Axxess weekend where you need to free yourself up for 45-60 minutes giving valuable feedback about the company and product. You would think WWE might throw in free tickets, a free meet & greet with someone like Roman....

Your reward for your time & valuable input is a free WWE T-Shirt. It must clearly work as they do this every year. 

• Paid Members

Woah woah. There was no free t-shirt. It was one of those plastic wristbands this year. I know this because my tightarse brother did it twice so he didnt need to buy his kids a present.

The average price of a T-shirt on Euroshop seems to be £25, which is not bad for an hour's work.

Unless it's one of those Nia Jax "I'm Not Like Most" numbers.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

The average price of a T-shirt on Euroshop seems to be £25, which is not bad for an hour's work.

The cost to WWE for that t-shirt is about £2.50 a unit so they probably think it's worth it too.

Obviously, or they wouldn't do it. But if I'm getting paid for something, what matters to me is what I'm gaining, not what the other person is losing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

I saw on Twitter that the shirts on sale at the NXT UK tapings were £30 which is mad really. Shirts at shows as it is are pricey enough. I can only really justify getting a shirt on EuroShop when they got a decent sale on.

Captive audience. Kids begging parents to buy the shirt because they're right there. Supply and demand, capitalism at its finest.

Archived