PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

It's incredible that it's taken seventeen years to break the Buffon transfer record. Seventeen! I know at the time some Italian sides went through a spell of pissing money away on players like there was no tomorrow, but transfer fees - especially over the past several years - have risen so sharply it's surprising the record hasn't been smashed by now.

Can't blame Liverpool, I think it's just a case of the goalkeeper market finally catching up. It's the first highly rated keeper moving from one big club to another at a fairly young age in ages, given today's market it's hard to argue. Imagine if De Gea went to Real Madrid this summer (which won't happen)? Could be looking at close to £100m.

Wrong thread.
Edited by Keith Houchen
Fucked it up a treat there, lads.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

£10m for Ward we're getting, minus whatever goes to Wrexham. Should be enough to boost the war chest though @PowerButchi

Does this mean that schmeichel might leave i wonder? (i assume we mean Danny ward here!!) 

Wrexham should get between £1-2m there, assuming that the sell-on clause was around the 20% mark which is about standard isn't it? Huge difference at that level, a million adds about 20 grand a week to the wage budget if they spunk it all.

I hope Schmeichel leaves Leicester now, in terms of the national side we could do with Danny Ward playing week-in-week-out as I can't see Hennessey keeping his spot at Palace.

Edited by garynysmon

Roma have done great business there. They could find a better keeper than Alisson for about a third of that. They should offer Standard Liege a few million for Ochoa and they'd still have almost all the money left over to strengthen elsewhere.

They saw Liverpool coming, knowing they'd spend stupid money on anyone they can put in instead of Karius. But I wouldn't be surprised if Alisson doesn't live up to his price tag.

He's Brazillian and somehow ended up being a fucking goalkeeper. Its going to end in tears.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They should offer Standard Liege a few million for Ochoa and they'd still have almost all the money left over to strengthen elsewhere.

How on earth has he not attracted a big club transfer? Granted I've only seen him at the past two World Cups, but he's been fantastic in both of those.

He made a mistake going to Malaga because it was always going to be tough to get regular first team football ahead of Kameni, although Ochoa's a better keeper. He had a fine loan spell at a terrible Granada side and has been great for Standard since going there. He's just one of those players that the big clubs seem reluctant to take a punt on despite his obvious qualities. His World Cup displays haven't been out of the ordinary for him, he's a really good keeper all the time.

Allison for that price really does make Rui Patricio for nowt a fantastic bit of business.

And get a two year transfer ban!

Sporting are dolts, there's now conclusive evidence from emails that the old owner sent that his was in on the attack on the players.

We're still happy to give them the original agreed fee of £15 mil, the compensation will be around that mark, still fantastic business.

For some reason while shaving this morning, i was thinking about wolves and the strikers they have and thinking that they may need another, are u happy with the ones you have or do you think you need another? 

I'm surprised they haven't gone big on a forward yet. What happened to Andre Silva? I know they looked excellent going forward  in the championship but ask Dave Nugent about the step up from  top scoring Championship forward to Premier League non scoring but he works hard forward.