Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Wrexham should get between £1-2m there, assuming that the sell-on clause was around the 20% mark which is about standard isn't it? Huge difference at that level, a million adds about 20 grand a week to the wage budget if they spunk it all.

I hope Schmeichel leaves Leicester now, in terms of the national side we could do with Danny Ward playing week-in-week-out as I can't see Hennessey keeping his spot at Palace.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Roma have done great business there. They could find a better keeper than Alisson for about a third of that. They should offer Standard Liege a few million for Ochoa and they'd still have almost all the money left over to strengthen elsewhere.

They saw Liverpool coming, knowing they'd spend stupid money on anyone they can put in instead of Karius. But I wouldn't be surprised if Alisson doesn't live up to his price tag.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They should offer Standard Liege a few million for Ochoa and they'd still have almost all the money left over to strengthen elsewhere.

How on earth has he not attracted a big club transfer? Granted I've only seen him at the past two World Cups, but he's been fantastic in both of those.

• Paid Members

He made a mistake going to Malaga because it was always going to be tough to get regular first team football ahead of Kameni, although Ochoa's a better keeper. He had a fine loan spell at a terrible Granada side and has been great for Standard since going there. He's just one of those players that the big clubs seem reluctant to take a punt on despite his obvious qualities. His World Cup displays haven't been out of the ordinary for him, he's a really good keeper all the time.

• Paid Members

And get a two year transfer ban!

Sporting are dolts, there's now conclusive evidence from emails that the old owner sent that his was in on the attack on the players.

We're still happy to give them the original agreed fee of £15 mil, the compensation will be around that mark, still fantastic business.

I'm surprised they haven't gone big on a forward yet. What happened to Andre Silva? I know they looked excellent going forward  in the championship but ask Dave Nugent about the step up from  top scoring Championship forward to Premier League non scoring but he works hard forward.

• Paid Members

Raul Jimenez is highly rated and has come in, I still think the Andre Silva deal will be done, just appears most clubs are holding out with Milan to see what they can get.

Milan winning their appeal at the court of arbitration against UEFAs shoddy FFP rules will have some affect too.

It's rumours, but deals are meant to be in place for "up to 5 players" next week.

The way Wolves play in attack is not with that traditional number 9 striker, the central figure comes deep and holds up play and needs good distribution for the wide attackers to take advantage.

Jota is Premier League ready, the guy is super talented. Costa and Cavaleiro are fantastic players, Cav was beastly last season And I hope he can step up. Costa appears to have somehow grown 6 inches and has definitely spent his summer in a gym, it looks like he's grown up, although it could just be his haircut. Mir has stepped up during preseason too apparently.

I'll be interested to see what the movement is before deadline day, I'd like a CB, both WBs improved upon (I'd fucking love Telles) a CM (Yaya Toure as a back up Midfielder for a pound a week would be interesting too) and potentially another forward option.

Edited by Teedy Kay

I know Yaya is getting on and all but surely if he's going to a team like Wolves or West Ham he'll be playing when he wants and pretty much just hanging around and having shots when he can be arsed having a bit of a run.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know it's not nice, and makes me look even more small and petty than i already am, but I really hope Wolves go tits up and do a Leeds or, fingers crossed, a Coventry.

It's bound to happen. As soon as Sparky becomes manager, you know it's over.