UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There’s nothing more tiresome when something like this happens than those people who immediately assume it’s a cynical ploy by those involved to make money. It’s like these days everyone is terrified of missing the real story and is desperate to be right.

Even if it is a marketing angle (which is insane, they’d have to really hate sponsorship money), so what? Chill out. Just call the guy a cunt and move on.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, David said:

The "degree of chumminess"? Are you listening to yourself? 

As I've said, no one is saying that Khabib is a swell lad. In fact, it's pretty obvious by the way he fights, the way he talks, his upbringing and where he's from that he's not a nice guy. All of that has contributed to creating the fighting machine that he is.

You want us to condemn him being seen to condone a murderous tyrant? No problem, consider it done. I doubt many would be defending him there. I certainly ain't.

I assume you want to condemn people like Mike Tyson, Fabricio Werdum, Chris Weidman etc as well? They've actively accepted his cash and worked with him?

No, David, I didn't fucking read my own post before I posted it. Of course I'm listening to myself; I stand by what I said, and no snide carping's going to change that. 

And yeah: condemn all those guys. Fuck them. Did you think asking me that would make me back-pedal? I didn't know about Weidman, but I certainly lost a lot of respect for Werdum. And Mike Tyson? Seriously? When at any point have you seen me praise or defend a convicted rapist?

I wouldn't have raised this point if people hadn't been talking positively about Nurmagomedov. I didn't just pull this out of fucking thin air.

44 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Conor McGregor is reportedly at the arena acting like a complete dickhead. Videos are on Twitter.

Not since Chris Benoit has my fandom for someone diminished so rapidly.

I owe you an apology, I had you pegged as someone who would forgive him for being a dipshit.  I'm wrong on that so for what it's worth....

giphy.gif

A series of tweets from this dude reveals further information:

‏Brett Okamoto@bokamotoESPN

"Dana White confirmed Michael Chiesa suffered an injury, cuts to the face, and is in the hospital. Artem Lobov has been pulled from UFC 223, per White, as he was apparently part of the crew that stormed the building."

"Dana White said warrant is out for Conor McGregor’s arrest. His plane can’t leave New York."

"Was just with Dana White. Called it the most despicable thing in UFC history. I asked him if he wants to be in business with Conor McGregor anymore, he said, would you?"

6 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

No, David, I didn't fucking read my own post before I posted it. Of course I'm listening to myself; I stand by what I said, and no snide carping's going to change that. 

And yeah: condemn all those guys. Fuck them. Did you think asking me that would make me back-pedal? I didn't know about Weidman, but I certainly lost a lot of respect for Werdum. And Mike Tyson? Seriously? When at any point have you seen me praise or defend a convicted rapist?

I wouldn't have raised this point if people hadn't been talking positively about Nurmagomedov. I didn't just pull this out of fucking thin air.

Grand, so we're on the same page then.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

A series of tweets from this dude reveals further information:

‏Brett Okamoto@bokamotoESPN

"Dana White confirmed Michael Chiesa suffered an injury, cuts to the face, and is in the hospital. Artem Lobov has been pulled from UFC 223, per White, as he was apparently part of the crew that stormed the building."

"Dana White said warrant is out for Conor McGregor’s arrest. His plane can’t leave New York."

"Was just with Dana White. Called it the most despicable thing in UFC history. I asked him if he wants to be in business with Conor McGregor anymore, he said, would you?"

Okamoto is as reputable a source as it gets. Works for ESPN, obviously, and I've never known him report something MMA related that wasn't factual. 

This whole thing is a mess. So that's Lobov and Caceres off the card and Chiesa and Pettis potentially off the card. 3 of which are innocent parties. McGregor should have to pay all their purses, including win money. But even then, they've still gone through a wasted training camp and cut weight for nothing. All because of one fucking rich, shit tattooed manchild who can't control his temper and thinks he's untouchable. 

And the thing is, if it was about that Khabib-Artem video from the other day then McGregor had every right to be pissed off that his friend was put in that position. But as usual he's gone too far and found a way to come out of it looking like a right prick. In a situation where Khabib should've come off as the heel, McGregor's somehow found a way to come off even worse, 

Archived