UKFF MMA Poster of the Year 2017

HarmonicGenerator

UKFF MMA Poster of the Year 2017  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I don't think it's possible to de-throne wand. He's going to keep beating everyone until he gets done for DUI, almost running over a pregnant woman, and having a bag of weed in his car, before being banned permanently for tainted supplements.

Aye, Noah has gone missing again, which is a shame. David has gone AWOL again as well. 

Regardless, Wand is indeed the MVP of the MMA threads. Compared to myself - and I would assume others - he has the finger on the pulse a lot more. I cherry-pick the shows I watch these days, and the divisions that I follow. Whereas, Wand keeps tabs on everything UFC-related. He posted a breakdown of prospects in the Light Heavyweight division a month or so back. I hadn't even heard of most of them. He's great for keeping you up to date on everything. His write ups on old Pride events are very good as well. 

Honourable mention to Ebb, who keeps me company in the Boxing thread. 

• Paid Members

Thanks for the nice words fellas. I appreciate it but I think there are a bunch of more than worthy winners for this, including you lot who have already posted in here. 

I voted Jim but it's a tough choice between him and Egg. It's like asking me to choose between Wanderlei and Shogun. Those two have been the two consistent fixtures in the MMA threads since I started posting on here years ago and I've always enjoyed reading both. 

@ColinBollocks is a fantastic poster. Talks sense and is often funny with it. He's been one of my favourite posters for a bit now, MMA and in general. 

@Carbomb has really added to the threads as well and started and provided some good discussion this year. Seems a genuinely nice bloke as well. 

@Guy Bifkin is another top bloke and has been a welcome addition to the MMA bit of the forum. Wish he'd post more in the threads, to be honest. 

It's a shame @Supremo has lost interest a bit in MMA this year because he was great when he posted. Noah as well was an excellent read and knew his shit, old school and modern day. Where did he go? He went from posting every day to not at all. Hope he's good. 

There's a bunch more and I'll probably forget loads. But some just pop up now and then but still add something well worth reading like Dead Mike, Silky Kisser and METAL ON METAL. Sorry to anyone I left out but I honestly pretty much like you all in the MMA section. It's rare you get a real div shitting things up in there and most of you add something worthwhile. 

I know it's probably out of place for MMA talk but...

:love: 

Easily Wandshogun for me, I watch pretty much every UFC show they put on but sometimes they put on a show that I am just not interested in. In order to get motivated for the show, I open up the thread Wandshogan has started and instantly get excited. He doesn't just add to my UKFF experience but adds to my UFC and MMA enjoyment. 

Special recognition has to go to the other two lads as well. I particularly like reading Egg Shen's post fight comments.

Wand, always Wand.  I do seem to say this all the time but this is the only place I get MMA info and discussion from as I love the vibe.  Granted, the discussion can get a bit pro wrestling what with draws and matchups but that's to be expected.

To be honest, I always found Noah a chore because of his writing style, it wasn't engaging at all but you can't fault the guys enthusiasm.

• Paid Members

It's actually got to the point where I take wand's event threads for granted, seriously. They feel inevitable, unfailing, and contain all the info I want yet cannot be arsed to find out for myself. In essence, wand has enabled my MMA fandom way beyond what I would have managed by myself, and for that, I say: "thank you".