General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

Nowadays it'd probably go down as a reckless, careless or excessive challenge, yeah, but it's all down to interpretation really. I'm not sure how much the wording of the rules has changed in the past 25 years, just the guidelines.

It would be a penalty if contact. A high foot that doesn't make contact is still an indurect free kick but they're rare anywhere on the pitch, let alone in the area.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KJHenley said:

When was the last time an indirect free kick was given in a notable match? Feel like I haven't seen one in years, which is no bad thing, as they're shite.

If you mean inside the penalty area then there is usually a good few during the season in the Premier League alone. 

Really happy with the Celtic score, playing Griff up front really helps where as for the past 2 matches Celtic have had no centre forward playing. Away will be difficult but I don't see Celtic losing by 6 as I think they will play quite deffensively as they know they can lose. I think this has shown how much Celtic have improved 1 year on, and when you look at them struggling in the Europa league in the 2014-15 and 15-16 seasons it is quite a big difference.

I think building a team of premier/football league also rans alongside a few promising youngsters has the been the right formula for Celtic. Obviously winning every league game 10-0 week in week out does wonders for confidence as well.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Away will be difficult but I don't see Celtic losing by 6 

I bloody love Celtic (I think its ingrained in me for my Dad being a Rangers fan and me being a bit of a bellend like that) but I think I love Celtic fans more. This isn't even the first time I've seen someone mention they hope they don't lose 6-0 in Kazakhstan in the last 24 hours. I think it probably says more about the sheer level of non competition Celtic faces in Scotland that even when 5-0 on aggregate up people are still considering Europa League stages this season.

I would suggest that it's only English people who don't follow Scottish football think Celtic have any chance of being beat 6 - 0 in Kazakhstan. That's not going to happen. They beat the Norwegian champions in their own country and just pumped Astana. There's no chance Celtic are getting knocked out. Scottish football is shit but Celtic are a decent team, and they've negotiated the qualifiers without Moussa Dembele playing a solitary minute and playing the majority of the time without a recognised striker. They'll be fine.

• Paid Members

Saw someone mention that if Barca could pump PSG last season, then Celtic could get cocky, take a weaker squad and have the same done to them. It puts me off people, really does.

Thought Ladiesman's comment was suggesting if Celtic don't play defensively they'll lose the tie and perhaps by 6, may have misread it in that case. I'm all for Celtic getting through to the Champions League and hopefully landing an easier group. Landing in the same pot as Spartak or Shaktar while the travel could go against them with the right league schedule could be a chance to pick up points and beat the "top" seed in their group. If they can just about squeeze into pot 3 for the seeding rather than 4 they should make it through at least 2nd or at the very worst go into the Europa. It could be a good year for them, they seem to have a real strong squad with the perfect amount of depth for their league that they can play their big names in Europe without worrying about fatigue. 

• Paid Members

Spurs have confirmed the signing of Davinson Sanchez from Ajax, subject to medical. 

Just thinking about how strong our defence and midfield suddenly looks. 

Vertonghen

Alderweireld 

Sanchez

Wanyama/Dier

Dembele/Dier 

Don't get much stronger than that. 

Sanchez can play on the right as well, meaning we don't now need to go out and sign back up for Trippier. 

Archived