General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
45 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Seen various different newspaper reports that Spurs are facing close to a mutiny with many of the players supporting Rose's decision to speak out. Considering their top earners are only on 100k a week when people like Benteke at Palace are on 120, it's hardly surprising. Levy for all the gold he does in selling players is starting to slip up realising they need to be offering top money to people like Alderweild or they will leave.

I actually think the paper reports are bollocks but whatever.

The problem as has been pointed out is there is no market value at the moment. Clubs paying extortionate wages are over inflating the market. Not a knock on Palace or Bournemouth or anyone like that, but when Jermain Defoe (love you JD, always will x) is earning more than Harry Kane, something is massively wrong.

Spurs are paying decent wages, and the reasons for the cap are admirable, but you'd certainly think Levy has to act soon with our bigger players. He has to. Yes, he's a businessman, but he knows that he needs to keep Alli, Kane etc to play in that big shiny new stadium to attract fans, which in turn will allow him to pay higher wages, so I think he'll acquiesce soon. 

The reports are hilarious. Are we all expected to believe that the Spurs squad gave Danny Rose a huge fucking ovation and carried him out on their shoulders. Even funnier when you realise he's rehabbing with the other injured players and likely not with the first team squad training. Hey ho. 

Plus, they were all happy to sign their new deals in the last year or so,..

Back to tonight, that game was nuts. Leicester threw that away with terrible decisions by their manager. Oh and Ozil....never in a million years is he world class. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Spurs are paying decent wages, and the reasons for the cap are admirable, but you'd certainly think Levy has to act soon with our bigger players. He has to. Yes, he's a businessman, but he knows that he needs to keep Alli, Kane etc to play in that big shiny new stadium to attract fans, which in turn will allow him to pay higher wages, so I think he'll acquiesce soon. 

I read a rumour that said that a sale of the club has essentially been agreed for when the stadium is done and that Levy and ENIC don't want to increase expenditure too much between now and then as it will piss the buyers off. 

Either way, like I said, this is really simple financial prudence. The only club that spends much more than 50% of their revenue on wages is Chelsea. Do people really expect us to give, for the sake of argument, Toby, Jan, Dele, Kane, Eriksen, Rose raises of 50k a week or more when we're already spending about 50% of our revenue on wages? This isn't penny pinching. It's really frustrating reading a million articles about how Levy is making this huge mistake in not giving all our top players big raises because I'm sure the people writing them aren't idiots and realise that any sensible businessman is going to balk at paying 60 or 70% of the businesses revenue on wages!

• Paid Members

See these are all absolutely perfect thought out responses hence why I posted here knowing there's be a logical conversation on the matter. 

For me I guess the likes of Benteke being on 120 eclipse the rest of his squad being on 60 but much the same sees that happening at Spurs. Financial prudence is all well and good and there really isn't much in the way of getting yourself ravaged by debt for short term success (Hello Leeds and Pompey) as a good idea but as mentioned above it needs to be seen as a business even more so at times and if workforce feels under valued they will leave to get their current financial worth in the market. It'll take one move for someone like Alli by Barcelona willing to pay him more than 100k for him to start upping sticks. With regards to the contract situation and signing of deals could it be simply that the players believed in Poch's vision? 

Top six

1. Man City (And Fa Cup Winners)

2. Man Utd 

3. Arsenal (Europa League winners too)

4. Chelsea 

5. Liverpool

6. Spurs (Wembley might hinder them)

Bottom 3

18. Burnley

19. Brighton

20. Huddersfield

Top Scorer