General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Both him and Vidal should have been snapped up by Van Gaal.

United have a bit of a history of missing out with Chileans. Sanchez and Vidal should have been certainties for United, but I still think they missed a trick with Angelo Henriquez, I still think he could have been a massive star if they'd have given him a shot. Go back even further than that and they should have signed Marcelo Salas when he destroyed England in that friendly in 1998.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

@Bukamania is 100% correct. That video is fucking cringe. That video is like an introductory vignette for someone in WWE who is a lower midcard act at best. You'd hope you haven't just spent all that money on the footballing equivalent of Aiden English. 

• Paid Members

I would agree, however every fucking club is coming out with these really shit videos on Insta and Twitter to announce new signings, contact extensions etc. It's cringe, but it keeps the FIFA-obsessed #LADS on Twitter happy so they can reply with either 'dad' or 'delete'. Were we this shit when we were teenage boys?

• Paid Members

I didn't think it was that bad, really, and I quite like these different ways of introducing new players to clubs. It's better than the old wearing a scarf out on the pitch thing anyway.

That said I was disappointed Sanchez's dogs didn't make an appearance.

Back then it would be announced on Teletext and you would be looking forward to the back pages of the newspapers the next day to see all the pictures. 

These days everyone on Twitter is an ITK and everyone is an expert having watched YouTube or a couple of La Liga games. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I didn't think it was that bad, really, and I quite like these different ways of introducing new players to clubs. It's better than the old wearing a scarf out on the pitch thing anyway

Dislike x 1000.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That said I was disappointed Sanchez's dogs didn't make an appearance.

You can have our 'Good Boys' banner if you want.

The walking out on the pitch wearing the scarf gives us great moments though, like Ousmane Dembele not being able to perform more than 2 kick-ups!

The worst however is when Real Madrid have their new signings lying on a medical bed, with shit strapped to their bare-chest, giving an awkward thumbs up.

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Hate to be pedantic here but it's actually Vennegoor Or Hesselink. It dates back to the 17th century and a marriage between the Vennegoor and Hesselink families. Both families were very powerful and in an effort to offend neither both surnames were kept. Of in Dutch translates to or in English.

I wonder if Sanchez leaving hurts as much as Robin from Persie leaving...

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

These days everyone on Twitter is an ITK and everyone is an expert having watched YouTube or a couple of La Liga games. 

You said City would play Sanchez at left-back so let's hope that house you live in is shatter-proof.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I was wrong. He will be playing left back for Manchester United when Jose parks the bus in the big away games. :smug::devil:

Maybe your boys should have tried it last night, might have got a priceless point.

Archived