General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
21 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Took him to Newcastle? Carroll is from there.

18 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I thought for some reason he'd gone up there from a London club. Completely forgot he had a spell at Liverpool. 

Everybody in Liverpool is also trying to forget he was ever there as well. 

The good thing for the Scousers is that with every massive transfer that goes through that panic £35 million spend drops a little bit further down the record transfer list. The way things are going £35 million will become the norm. 

• Paid Members

That transfer is the norm now. One club overpays for a player and it kicks off a chain reaction of players being over-valued because of the need to replace them and the money burning a hole in their pocket. Wonder when the market will crash?

http://www.the42.ie/leagues-with-biggest-attendance-in-europe-3802056-Jan2018/

I'm not surprised about Serie A but I'm surprised about La Liga. Are Championship attendances legitimate or are they inflated? Because every time I watch a match on TV more than half the stadium appears empty and then the attendance is listed as approx. 3/4 of capacity.

If we're going by per capita then the Eredivisie must be near the top. Small country in terms of population but they get some impressive attendances across the board.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, The Curious Orange said:

Its going by total attendences - so the Championship season having loads more games is going to boost the numbers

Indeed, which I am guessing is why Bundesliga is 2nd rather than 1st. That tends to top the 'highest average attendances' amongst the football leagues.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Andy Carroll, Ross Barkley, Danny Drinkwater. Which player not good enough for England is next for Chelsea? I think it's Craig Dawson's time to shine.

Just you wait, we'll be remembered as the West Ham of '66 after England win the World Cup this summer.

Archived