General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Well Sanchez is definitely not going to City, they've officially pulled out of the race to sign him.

EDIT: Oh and for any Stoke fans, prepare to be constantly reminded of how Lambert has a Champions League medal, how he has honed his coaching in Germany mainly with Dortmund even though Klopp doesn't remember seeing him there, rejoice at the signing of bang average British players that'll struggle to get you up if you go down and look forward to a bit of joy with his uncanny ability to get reults against Liverpool but that won't be till April for you.

Awful appointment in my opinion.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
23 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I know football is all about the money now, but if the reports of Sanchez wanting to join City but not being willing to lower his wage demands are true, that’s madness.

It's not, it's because City aren't willing to pay more than a £20m transfer fee for him. United are.

SUPER EDIT: some reckon Chelsea are preparing a bid now...

If Alexis has his heart on going to Man City, he could just reject any move made in this window from other clubs and join City on a freebie in the summer. Something has definitely happened in recent times that may have changed his position and preference to what he wants to do and where he wants to go. I wouldn't sell him to Man United for anything and Man City and some of the leaked stuff that has come out about we thought we had an agreement with him, we not prepared to pay this or that, now we have pulled out of signing him this month I find very funny. The talk about 48 hours yesterday and it being done I can't see happening. I think this is going to drag on throughout the window with other teams possibly coming in to try buying him this month.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

It's not, it's because City aren't willing to pay more than a £20m transfer fee for him. United are.

SUPER EDIT: some reckon Chelsea are preparing a bid now...

We're really not preparing a bid. City appear to have randomly said that to get United to pay more I would imagine. Plus then all of the red tops can print a bunch of shite about how we were gazumped to a player we haven't bid for.

Why the fuck would we go for Sanchez when Big Sexy, Andy Carroll, is on his way to the Bridge?

Isn't the story on Sanchez that United offered £350k a week and Sanchez and his agent want £30m signing on fee on top of whatever United pay. City had a deal already agreed for less than that and won't pander to them. This was all confirmed by an unnamed sauce on a dark web chat forum.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

Well Sanchez is definitely not going to City, they've officially pulled out of the race to sign him.

EDIT: Oh and for any Stoke fans, prepare to be constantly reminded of how Lambert has a Champions League medal, how he has honed his coaching in Germany mainly with Dortmund even though Klopp doesn't remember seeing him there, rejoice at the signing of bang average British players that'll struggle to get you up if you go down and look forward to a bit of joy with his uncanny ability to get reults against Liverpool but that won't be till April for you.

Awful appointment in my opinion.

Almost sounds like when Ian Holloway got back into management after a tour of Europe and claimed he was a changed man.

9 hours ago, Gooner said:

If Alexis has his heart on going to Man City, he could just reject any move made in this window from other clubs and join City on a freebie in the summer.

This.

The move to Man U is about his bank balance (and agent).

Maybe his heart was never that set on city, and it was typical Guilem Baligue tongue up Peps arse nonsense he spouts and gets believed cause he has as fancy accent 

• Paid Members

I honestly couldn't give a care, so long as United get him. I don't have an issue with a player changing their mind because they have the chance to make more money. He was hardly joining his boyhood, dream club before United came in. City were offering him a good wage too, but United played the game and it looks like they may win this one.

• Paid Members

The BBC reckon United and Sanchez have agreed terms, but Mkhitaryan and his agent are holding up the deal because £200k a week for two years, while doing not very much, is a solid option. Dortmund have apparently been put off getting him back by United's asking fee.

We shall see. Loves some gossip.

Archived