The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

I know not a popular choice but hoping Floyd destroys him in 2. They both grate on me slightly but as a life long boxing fan i'd prefere Floyd to win. Havent warmed to Mcgregor at all. Mcgregors fake laugh on the Sky advert is enough to want ne see him knocked out. 

With all the hype in the last week i imagine a neutral if they watched it would just think Mcgregor is a knob. He seems a knob, acts a knob, looks a knob.....im sure theres a parable about that somewhere. 

For every fan who loves Mcgregor i'm sure if their conscience looked harder enough like they do with Floyd, they'd find a reason to dislike him. 

Come on Floyd.....second minute of the second round 40/1 tenner on.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Whilst McGregor acts (to misquote David) like a traveller who won the lottery, he hasn't been to prison for domestic abuse. Floyd is miles ahead in the cunt stakes.

Very true. Some of McGregor's persona isn't to my liking, and some of the stuff he does is bush league. But there is just no comparing the two when it comes to who is the bigger cunt. Hell, McGregor isn't bad enough that I'd call him a cunt. Obnoxious at times and a little grating? Absolutely. But the label of 'cunt' strictly belongs to Floyd.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

With all the hype in the last week i imagine a neutral if they watched it would just think Mcgregor is a knob. He seems a knob, acts a knob, looks a knob.....im sure theres a parable about that somewhere.

I think most people who were neutral have ended up pulling for McGregor. Even some pure boxing fans in my experience have gone from being 'fuck this UFC guy' to rooting for him. Even Bunce, who's there in Vegas, said on the Boxing Hour yesterday that from people he's spoken to the overwhelming majority are on Team McGregor for this. 

It's not about Boxing vs MMA for me at all. It's purely that I like McGregor and loathe Mayweather. If McGregor was the boxer and Mayweather was the MMA fighter I'd still want Mayweather to get chinned. Fuck him. 

• Paid Members

Regarding Mayweather having KO power...

Yeah he as pillows for hands but with a free target he can still knock a person cold (see Victor Ortiz). As a elite boxer he should be able to position himself to land freely on a novice. 

Still staying up til 5am to see Conor end him 1! *prays*

• Paid Members

Heading to bed here shortly in order to get up at 3am. Well, that's the plan. I'm too excited, god knows if i'll sleep for a while, but I think I don't have anything to worry about now with regards to seeing the fight before work. Most of you seem to expect bell time to be around 5 now at this point? 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I'm with you WeeAl. I should be in bed by now but I'm pacing the living room drinking Punk IPA and listening to Nookie by Limp Bizkit on repeat. I'll be passed out in an hour and miss the whole show.

If in half an hour I'm not asleep, I'll be hunting the house down for a coffee machine, attempting to avoid a similar outcome Guy. That bastard McGregor and his self belief, getting us all hyped up and too wired to sleep. I may phone in sick tomorrow claiming anxiety over the fight. 

My track record of waking up early for UFC is piss, not going to chance it for tonight. Monster Energy is already cracked open already, think I'm just going to watch the UFC 194 main event until 5AM.

Whether you are a boxing fan or an MMA fan (I love both) we are all here because ultimately we are pro wrestling fans. This is up there with the most crazy Wrestlemania. Whatever you think of Conor he was on he dole 5 years ago. Whatever happens tonight he is a working class lad who has beaten the game. 

16 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Whether you are a boxing fan or an MMA fan (I love both) we are all here because ultimately we are pro wrestling fans. This is up there with the most crazy Wrestlemania. Whatever you think of Conor he was on he dole 5 years ago. Whatever happens tonight he is a working class lad who has beaten the game. 

HHH doesn't job at Wrestlemania etc.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, herbie747 said:

Some friends looking for a stream for tonight. Can anyone PM me a link? I have no experience in illegal streams.

Thanks.

If there's any streams going round link me up. My plans have changed last minute. 

Thanks. 

• Paid Members

Off to bed. Phones going on flight mode and I can hopefully watch it spoiler free in the morning. 

As Gus said, I can't believe he actually made all this materialise. It's fucking insanity. 

God speed, Conor McGregor. 

Archived