LPW Wrestling

LPW

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What needs editing m8 apart from the Victoria thing, because i wrote up a perfectly good press release, spelled checked and professional and the guy could not get it right and spelling mistakes. Yeh i can't talk but since the graphic thing i do check things, but writers should spell better.

You can't keep putting the blame on others. Always always always always check over whatever work anyone else has done for you. You're the promoter. You're in charge of LPW. You are the one single person who is ultimately responsible for anything that you - under the LPW name - decide to put in the public eye. You should be paying attention to every single tiny detail and making sure that no mistakes are slipping through the cracks, regardless of whose fault it might be.

Edit - after glancing through that news site you posted, I spotted two things straight away.

1) On the main image at the top of the page, "Bushwhacker" is spelled wrong.

2) This paragraph is misleading.

"There is also the chance for fans to have a meet and greet from 5pm with former WWE/TNA star Victoria, Tara, Lisa Marie and ‘Bushwhacker’ Luke Williams."

Fans might know that Victoria has been known by several different names during her wrestling career, but to anyone else it might sound like you're offering the opportunity to meet three different women. "WWE/TNA star Victoria (AKA Tara/Lisa Marie)" would have been more appropriate.

I know she's no longer attending the show and you've already acknowledged that this should have been taken out of the article, but I'm just making the point that it's very important to be careful about how things are worded.

You are 100% right but its the guy who wrote it who would not listen. I will post my press relise up and see whos is better. It is on me BUT its not on me when they are the ones who are in charge of the website, does that make sense. Give me a few mins and i post my press one up.

You are 100% right but its the guy who wrote it who would not listen. I will post my press relise up and see whos is better. It is on me BUT its not on me when they are the ones who are in charge of the website, does that make sense. Give me a few mins and i post my press one up.

Honestly, all it takes is a quick email to the website to ask them to make some slight changes to the article. It would take two minutes of your time to contact them. They've provided some inaccurate information and you're worried that their article could mislead potential customers. 

You can if they've released an article that explicitly states incorrect facts about an event that you are promoting.

Your main complaint is that after reading that, people could quite rightly turn up at your event expecting to see someone who is advertised as being there, but had already made it clear that they would unfortunately not be attending before that article was published.

At the very least, you should ask them to post some kind of clarification now to correct the facts.

Archived