Goldberg's WWE return: how will it go?

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

JRPO's description of Goldberg as 'skinny for Goldberg' is amazing in its ignorance and delusion. I doubt there's any 49 year-old former athlete out there who looks as good as they did at 30. He's been excellent since his return, looks as if he's in fantastic shape and will probably be noticeably bigger again come the match on Sunday if he's on the gear - which I hope he isn't. At Bill's age, Ric Flair was wrestling on Nitro wearing a baggy t-shirt to protect his dignity as age and gravity had combined to destroy his body. Hogan at 49 looked like a pensioner on steroids. Bill still looks like an arse kicking maniac. I can't imagine many casual fans laughing at hs appearance and going "Fucking hell, is he still wrestling? What a joke" the way they did with Hogan, Flair etc in the 2000s.

We can probably expect a better standard of match given Bill's leaner physique and apparent new-found passion as well.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already atoned for that comment Leethal.

I was basing it more on his last few appearances and pics where he does look far skinnier than he used to so my opinion was that this would diminish the Goldberg aura. Happy to admit I was wrong and he looks great.

As for athletes looking great or near the same when older there are several.

Herschel Walker: looks insane for any age let alone 55

Chris Eubank: body looks identical at 50 as it did at 30

Albert Beckles: looked awesome at 60 in bodybuilding

saoul Mamby: was boxing at 61 and looked the same as 30 years previous

Jack Lalanne: setting records in his 60s/70s and still looked amazing

No knock on Goldberg was just my opinion and I've had my doubts proves wrong as he looks great & I prefer him aged up abit

I have watched this about a zillion times now and it gets better every fucking time. It's the pure believably of it all and how real Goldberg made it seem. His intense delivery and his facial expressions were just perfect. If you do a 'Goldberg greatest hits', this would be on it.

Fuck.

I've already atoned for that comment Leethal.

I was basing it more on his last few appearances and pics where he does look far skinnier than he used to so my opinion was that this would diminish the Goldberg aura. Happy to admit I was wrong and he looks great.

As for athletes looking great or near the same when older there are several.

Herschel Walker: looks insane for any age let alone 55

Chris Eubank: body looks identical at 50 as it did at 30

Albert Beckles: looked awesome at 60 in bodybuilding

saoul Mamby: was boxing at 61 and looked the same as 30 years previous

Jack Lalanne: setting records in his 60s/70s and still looked amazing

No knock on Goldberg was just my opinion and I've had my doubts proves wrong as he looks great & I prefer him aged up abit

You've just compiled a list of celebrated steroid users and men who were never huge to begin with (Eubank) to use as examples. Are you saying you're disappointed that Goldberg isn't hitting the tren hard enough to try to regain his '98 size?

Goldberg now has less chest hair, more wrinkles and his once light-brown goatee is now white, does that piss you off too?

The only thing I've noticed about Goldberg's physique is that he looks a bit leaner. But to me that's a good thing, as he looks more of a natural athlete. I think he looks awesome!

This. To me he looks more legitiamate now than he did when he had those oversized traps and no neck.

He looks like he's now built for performance instead of show.

Exactly!

Whilst he was never "Ryback" big, Pro wrestling has a stigma about looking comically too big, IE people know its all for show when somebody is shredded out of their minds, as other legit sports don't really have that.

Goldberg is still a big bloke, much bigger in muscle mass terms that like 90% of people I know, and he looks like he'd tear your head off hah. He's lost a bit of size, but looks to be in the best shape of his life.

• Paid Members

What a monster. I wonder which of his themes will win the coin toss and be used at Survivor Series, as they seem to be quite liberally switching between the two.

Archived