Work issue with family member

Zookmaster

My younger nephew joined the same company as me and has been doing the job for about a year. The first few weeks I asked him how he was getting home as he doesn't drive and I do and he said he getting a lift and seem to avoid me in front of my coworkers. Randomly he asked me if he could catch a ride and I said no problem, then the next week a friend of his turned up and gave him a lift and he didn't ask me and kind blanked me again. A week later he asked me for a ride again and asks me if I could also drop another guy who just started working with us.

I said ok but I started to feeling used and it felt awkward. Tonight his friend with the car left early so I expected him to ask me. I didn't make much conversation with him as I feel it's always me starting conversations and breaking ice. I shook his hand at the end of the shift and before leaving the building I asked him if he was coming instead of me just heading out. He walked out with me then shook the bosses hand and then ran back and someones elses hand. I stood for a few seconds and next minute he walk side by side with me and someone else then basically just ran ahead of me to a nearby ATM. That was the last I saw of him and he didn't let me know what he was doing. I had no problem giving him lifts it just when he wasn't being clear with me or inviting others that it made me feel uncomfortable. Should I ask him directly next time or just wait for him to ask?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure your on the right forum for this kind of post mate to be honest it seems a little childish and really not thread worthy on it's own. Might be ok in another thread. But for the good of human kind, think about his age, your age and does it really matter in working hours? Think you'll find your answer.

• Paid Members

Sound's a bit shitty being used tbh...

It's the hand shaking at the end of the shift that puzzled me. Ive worked in many industries over the year, and NEVER shook anyones hand unless it was the first time I met them. Is this a normal thing?

• Paid Members

Sound's a bit shitty being used tbh...

It's the hand shaking at the end of the shift that puzzled me. Ive worked in many industries over the year, and NEVER shook anyones hand unless it was the first time I met them. Is this a normal thing?

This is why I asked, I'm intrigued.

Archived