Work issue with family member

Zookmaster

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woke up at 5am this morning still pissed, read this and thought it was a work. I'm going back to bed half cut, have read this again and still think it's a work. Maybe your nephew just thinks your an old piss stain and is using you? What did you think of your uncles when you were young? Most of mine were alcoholics who i wouldnt have been seen dead with them. I was just about ok with being seen with my parents in my early 20's. Wtf?

• Moderators

Similar but not, my nephews and cousins who are 16-20 now drink in my local. They don't want to hang around with my 31 year old arse when they are with their friends unless they need a pint. Otherwise its just an "alright" and I leave them to it. I'm absolutely fine with this as it's the way it is. Shit when I was 17 I didn't want to hang around with my uncle.

Is it one of these companies where you have an inspirational meeting each morning, do some team bonding exercises and the ones who hit their targets the day before get to ring the bell? Do the office walls look like the Facebook page of someone who only ever shares motivational memes from Pinterest?

I used to see a company holding its motivational team meetings in the middle of the (sadly pedestrianised) high street each morning, complete with chanting and cheering.

You literally could not pay me enough.

I seen one of my uncles outside a pub, rough arse pub having a fag recently. I was walking towards the pub with my other half. My missus clocked me clocking him, she said she had never saw such panic on anyones faces. I think it that few seconds everything went through my mind...has he saw me? If he has should i pretend not seeing him, should i say hello, talk to him, shake his hand etc....in the end i am convinced he spotted me and pretended he didnt, threw his fag down and went back into the karaoke. It was only 2pm aswell. I had been at a funeral with him the week before as well.

What do you do??

It would be a bit easier to make sense of this if we had some backstory to what sort of job it is and what the atmosphere is like

Is he a Blood Nephew or one (for lack of a better word) acquired through Marriage/Partnership

If he is you're partners Brother/Sister son then it makes it a bit more awkward to deal with if it annoys you this much as talking to his mum/dad will be a weirder then just talking to your Brother/Sister 

I seen one of my uncles outside a pub, rough arse pub having a fag recently. I was walking towards the pub with my other half. My missus clocked me clocking him, she said she had never saw such panic on anyones faces. I think it that few seconds everything went through my mind...has he saw me? If he has should i pretend not seeing him, should i say hello, talk to him, shake his hand etc....in the end i am convinced he spotted me and pretended he didnt, threw his fag down and went back into the karaoke. It was only 2pm aswell. I had been at a funeral with him the week before as well.

Karaoke at 2pm? Where do you live, Benidorm?

• Moderators

Oh well I know if any of you were in my shoes you would be pissed too if someone is cordial one minute and then when he's around certain people they treat you like you don't exist.

It happens to everyone, just gave a personal family experience of it. If you're ten years older than him you shouldn't need that validation.

Archived