Kevin Nash

TheLowdown1987

What is everybody's opinion of him? I quite can't quite make up my mind tbh. I have watched enough of his shoot interviews to know that he is very self assured, funny, confident....maybe a little overly confident if you ask me and very different to a lot of the boys in the business. He is a great story teller and doesn't seem to give a fuck if he offends people or not. People have taken shots at him and he has fired back I guess, can't blame him for that.

But there is a part of me that feels like he his attitude to the guys especially in the mid 90's when he had his gang of mates around him teeters on bullying. I really would not have wanted to be around during that time especially the way he talks about how Scott Hall was. Actually Kevin was probably OK but it was Scott who was the shit stirrer and piss taker and probably wound alot of people up and knew if they bit they would be out the door.

So, whats the opinion?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As stated below, this is probably the only aspect of his character I don't like.

But there is a part of me that feels like he his attitude to the guys especially in the mid 90's when he had his gang of mates around him teeters on bullying. I really would not have wanted to be around during that time especially the way he talks about how Scott Hall was. Actually Kevin was probably OK but it was Scott who was the shit stirrer and piss taker and probably wound alot of people up and knew if they bit they would be out the door.

Having said that, as Wrasslin said, indeed he is the coolest fucker alive. I also find him refreshing in the fact he's not a mark for himself, and is happy to admit he's in it for the money. Isn't that what everyone should be doing it for, once past a certain level? He wasn't a big wrestling fan but saw an opportunity. So what?

Going somewhat against the grain, I also generally agree with his 'vanilla midget' views.

If you're talking WWF days I would say it was mostly Shawn that done the shit stirring. 

Kevin Nash had great character but was a terrible in ring performer.

There's definitely a certain age of wrestler where if you make a Topic with their name as the title, I just assume I'm going to open it and read "is dead".

That was exactly what I was thinking when I opened the thread. I'm glad he's not dead though, love me some big Kev.

• Paid Members

Kevin Nash is whatever he wants to be. He could keep up with the best of them in the ring or plumb unheralded depths. He could cut a money promo or talk shite for what felt like hours. He could put over the guys he needed to or come down with a terrible injury or mild heart attack at just the most inconvenient time. And he's the coolest motherfucker on the planet apart form when the biggest company in the industry are building around him and then he's a fanny.

The guy's a walking contradiction. He's brilliant and infuriating. But he's fucking entertaining.

Archived