ShyDad's performing at the Edinburgh Fringe

I Bent My Wookie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Awesome ElCece, I'm almost tempted to try and grab a photo with as many of the UKFF as I can throughout.

So Thursday's show was incredible. Considering part of my Aspergers is needing to list everything I can a lot of the time, it became one of those where I've managed to work it into my set, just so I don't fluster myself and end up going off on a tangent (some of my earlier sets I just made up on the spot because of the whole anxiety thing ruining my brain)

Overall, seems like it was well received, finally started interacting with my audience, which is good, the new material was probably stronger than the old stuff too.

Anyway, here's a picture of everyone's favourite Shy Dad doing what he does:

Yjj3X24.jpg

Complete with ridiculous moustache and beard combo.

• Paid Members

Congrats on the success of the show, ShyDad. And also, thank you. Reading this thread made me realise that I'd missed doing stand up so I've booked a couple spots before going on holiday - first one in over a year tomorrow night!

Best of luck to you mate, and in the spirit of sharing *cough plug cough* if you have any spare time up there, may I suggest seeing a fine young comedian Dave Green, one of my very best friends...he's at something called the Lunchtime Special https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/lunchtime-special

Also, can't believe Richard Wilson is doing a one man Victor Meldrew show!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Shame about Richard Wilson's heart attack, hoping he makes a full recovery.

In slightly more shilling myself again morals; the comedy poster awards voting closes at midnight. It takes a simple few minutes at most to vote and the prize for the audience and judges vote is £1500, while I think I'm nowhere near the running for the audience (though I'm probably around the top 20 for overall votes) one final push could put me in the top 10 and get me noticed a lot quicker for the judges. Link is here:

http://www.comedyposterawards.co.uk/2016/tis-season-jolly-sean-jolly/

Heading to Bath Sunday for final prep before my journey Tuesday night, suddenly bricking it about it all.

• Paid Members

First day of the fringe done. Saw Radio Active, Brennan Reece, Emma Sidi and the Birthday Girls. Highly recommend them all. Great stuff.

Is his bit about joining a gym in Brennan's show? That's a brilliant piece of material.

Archived