ShyDad's performing at the Edinburgh Fringe

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

Highly recommended Brennan. Gym bit was in Mike. Gigged with him yearrrrs back, he was good then too. Very good show. Emma Sidi's show is absolutely superb.

Today's shows include Laura Lexx, Tudur Owen, Kiri Pritchard-McLean and Scarlet SoHandsome & Fiends. If anyone is about Brass Monkey I'll be there drinking.

ShyDad PM your deets and I'll try and track you down for a chat.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Mate of mine took home a shiny dinosaur poster today for suggesting Brexit as a reason for death from Wrecks. Jealous I won't get to see it probably

Ah cool! I remember that one, it was a brass hand representing Brexit to be used as a murder weapon! Good suggestion, that. Glad he didn't just bin it!

• Paid Members

I had 4 people in the audience today, but that's not a bad thing, 2 were grandparents whose grandkids had both been diagnosed Aspergic and two were a father and daughter who had just recently been diagnosed ADHD.

They all spoke to me at length about how getting on stage and breaking boundaries is so important and I suddenly realised this gig(s) are bigger than me or anyone involved, its making Aspergers and its problems made a relief and showing you can do anything.

I had a 17 year old doing A Levels with the condition tell me he loves doing drama but was afraid people may not understand but if people like me can do it he can too, I fucking love my job.

Ah man, that must have been so rewarding to hear. You could perform in front of 100 with no connection but to know you've inspired and helped people, that must make everything worthwhile. Good on you, man.

Archived