ShyDad's performing at the Edinburgh Fringe

I Bent My Wookie

• Awards Moderator

I can really recommend Darius Davies: Road To WrestleMania for anyone coming up to Edinburgh this weekend. Very funny show if you're a wrestling fan, including an analysis of his Tough Enough audition tape, a breakdown of why Booker T is the perfect example of why wrestling doesn't work as a legit sport, and stories from Alex Shane's training school in Croydon circa 2001. You also get to enter the room to GLORIOUS music. I went with a group of non-fans and while I was the one who got the references, they all still enjoyed it. It's free entry too. I said to him "that was a 10" on the way out thinking I'd made a super clever Tye Dillinger reference but I think he took it to mean I'd just put a tenner in the bucket...

Also, Stewart Lee refused a flyer from me the other day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Final show tomorrow at silk at 3:50 for those in Edinburgh. I'd love to catch up for a drink or two with some of you.

HG, what's your plans for tomorrow night? I've got a guest slot at a 9pm show but would be cool to catch you guys for a drink in the afternoon/evening after our shows, it'd also get me bonus points to be with the Wrecks haha.

May go see Darius otherwise but undecided, depends on my day really.

• Awards Moderator

I'm not sure actually - I expect we'll have a post-show drink somewhere but not sure how quickly everyone has to get back to Newcastle. I'll let you know if I manage to find out! Hope you get a big old crowd for your last one tomorrow.

And I do recommend Darius, tailor made for the likes of us UKFF types.

Archived