Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

ive banged the drum for Morning Kombat on here before but i'll do so again...

uploads-2f1595518155049-q3rjvkdxntr-ddb4

Luke Thomas & Brian Campbell launched Morning Kombat a few months back doing a single show per week. The show was picked up by CBS Showtime proper and they've now expanded to 3 x 90min shows per week, plus a bunch of other content via their youtube channel & podcast feed. They are also doing broadcast work on Showtime boxing shows together.

I really recommend you check if out. On Monday/Wednesday/Friday it really is an excellent sauce of news recap, reviews and previews for the week ahead. It also covers MMA and Boxing so you get a bit of everything, plus its entertaining along the way. Fantastic stuff. 

Stick that together along the ESPN youtube/podcast content and thats the only shit you need.

...dont let any Luke Thomas hate put you off, Brian Campbell reels him in. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I thought it made sense to drop a playlist in here.

Sumo Drop

The playlist is for anyone who has any interest in Sumo, old fans, new fans, or for those with an interest but no idea of rules or terminology.
Episode 1 is a basic guide to sumo in layman’s terms, explaining rules, rankings and terminology. All other episodes focus on the January tournament, including our thoughts, ramblings, results and predictions. 
We’ll carry it on in March, and every tournament thereafter. The pod consists of myself, artist Adam Hogarth, and new member Matt Stogdon from the Sequelisers movie pod. 
Cheers

EC95BD3B-1846-4DF3-BD13-B38283691EC7.jpeg

• Paid Members

Former bare knuckle boxer James Quinn McDonagh from the Knuckle documentary was on the James English podcast today. Might be worth a listen.

Wonder how much they’ll go into his nutcase of a brother, who’s currently doing time for brutally murdering his wife. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Wonder how much they’ll go into his nutcase of a brother, who’s currently doing time for brutally murdering his wife. 

McDonagh his name is? That'll explain that bit then. 

• Paid Members

The state of this clip. Sean O’Malley talking heroin while holding his baby in his arms and Casey Kenney having a dig at Megan Anderson’s looks, as if his crusty looking self has ever gotten as much as a ‘hello’ from a woman half as attractive. 

Do this half soaked lot even know the camera is on? 

• Paid Members

I must admit to being a bit mystified as to the Megan Anderson thing. Am I missing something? I thought she was considered to be pretty? Or is it just because she's a bit on the big (I mean literally big) size?

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I must admit to being a bit mystified as to the Megan Anderson thing. Am I missing something? I thought she was considered to be pretty? Or is it just because she's a bit on the big (I mean literally big) size?

Yeah, I mean everyone’s got their own types of look they’re attracted to and that’s fine. I think she’s pretty but if someone else had a different opinion then whatever. But he didn’t have to be such a dick. If you’re on a podcast and some div asks you ‘would you bang Megan Anderson?’, if you don’t find her attractive there are ways of answering it without being a nasty little shitebag. She’s been open in the past about suffering with serious mental health issues as well, and it was bad enough that she actually attempted suicide. It’s just not on really. Kenney has apologised, for what it’s worth. But it’s one of those ‘I’m sorry if you were offended’ apologies. 

46DECC3D-D996-4EE2-8514-27AEEC26CA35.jpeg