Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

How did Henry Cejudo become co host on Tyson's podcast, it seems weird and I can't tell work out how their paths would have crossed. The only thing I can think of is they both appeared in AEW together but they must have had a relationship before that. 

Tyson probably got in on the Black Friday discounts on Lego at Toys R Us

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Hearn was on The Fighting Cock podcast last week. 

Only a ten minute bit but it was fairly interesting and I never realised his old man was a Spurs fan, and Eddie used to 'have' a season ticket. He gives nothing away as to how much Spurs got from the fight but that's a given. I'm sure Levy got a good deal.

38 minutes in, unless you want to listen to the whole thing and hear two men bang on about Bryan Gil.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/s11e17-bryan-gil-and-eddie-hearn.42862/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

Really nice interview with Ray Longo here.

Never seen the woman interviewing him before but I thought it made a nice change not just getting all the same old questions here and she did a decent job of getting more out of him than we usually hear. Longo’s a funny character and obviously known more for the amusing ‘moments’ in the corner and with Matt Serra but he does have a lot of history in martial arts and coaching and it’s cool to get to hear more of his story. The way Longo talks about Merab Dvalishvili (a guy I’ve been fairly indifferent to) here makes me wanna see him do well also. 

• Paid Members

Him and Serra might just be my favourite coach/fighter combo in MMA history. And for what was a relatively small gym on Long Island at the time, they didn’t do too badly did they. Serra and Weidman taking the titles off pound-for-pound kings GSP and Anderson Silva were both massive accomplishments.

I love that Longo and Serra got this moment. Look at Longo in the background here, bless him…

C23-A0-D67-7-CE9-43-ED-A15-C-B0-F5921594

• Paid Members

Will catch the interview at some point, but that channel - let's just say any channel with a video titled "Covid 19 - Vaccine Conspiracy?" is going to get a wider berth from me than most.

• Paid Members

Put it this way: the biggest giveaway was the intro bit of that interview, with the words "Truth, Freedom, Liberty". Anyone spouting those words, especially those too thick to know that the last two are the same thing, usually gives away that they're "classical Liberals" (i.e. Libertarians/right-wingers trying to kid themselves and anyone else).