Jump to content

Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) ?


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I like shithead Schaub (will never not call him that now).

Schithead Schaub, schurely?

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I imagine the logistics of that are pretty difficult to sort out.

Does Rogan pay his guests? 

Always wondered that. I doubt it, if you are doing media type stuff or want to promote yourself, Rogan is one of the best platforms out there.

Posted

But, similarly, Rogan makes serious coin from his podcasts. If you get the iTunes version there’s nearly 10 minutes of adverts before every pod and a gang of adverts at the end, plus he’s forever flogging/plugging onnit stuff and sponsors products throughout. I’m a fan of his, but I think it’d almost be a cheek not to pay someone. Certainly expenses, at the very least.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I wonder how that works out. Jerry Seinfeld always gives his guests on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee an envelope with a fee after every episode, which almost everyone refuses to take (well, apart from Howard Stern, which is why I know this). I wonder if Rogan offers a fee but some of his guests/pals wave it out of respect. Proper poor form if he doesn't, considering his show is usually a 50/50 deal and reliant on good guests.

Edited by ColinBollocks
  • Paid Members
Posted

What is Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee like? Seinfeld is a car guy and I'm a fan of Seinfeld the show. Wonder if it's something I should check out.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It's one of the weakest projects Seinfeld has done, but it's a breezy watch. Very much depends on the guest he has on - a good guest gets more episode time than the shorter rubbish one. It's basically Seinfeld and his guest sharing anecdotes in a very choppy, fast-paced manner.

The Super Dave, Norm Macdonald, Garry Shandling and Don Rickles episodes I remember finding really fun because, well, look at those names.

Edited by ColinBollocks
  • Paid Members
Posted

Must get on that, was always fascinated with Ryan when i first started watching MMA and was learning about it's history. Hearing him labelled the Gracie Devil and him losing his shit are some of my earliest memories of Pride.

Posted

This could well end with Yoel Romero punching Rogan to the moon when he completely misunderstands his sense of humour.

You shouldn’t be excited about a podcast. But I am.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

WrestleMania hasn't got a a more exciting prospect.

FYI, for those that don't google or don't know, it's live at 6pm in the UK. I'm sure your missus and kid will be very understanding, wand. What could go wrong?

Edited by ColinBollocks
Posted

Off work this week, so watching this through the PS4. Probably shouldn’t have,  I’m worried Yoel Romero looking uber jacked in his tight sweater is inspiring changes in me.

No bueno.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...