Brands that you can't help but love

Briefcase

So I received an email from Sky earlier about them changing the name of Sky Movies (to Sky Cinema incase you were wondering) and despite the fact that nothing is likely to change other than a change of name, logo and promotion I know deep down that I am probably going to be sucked in like I am with everything else Sky related, because well I love Sky and how they present things such as sports.

So it got me thinking are there any brands/companies that you shamelessly love? Whether its The Sun, Channel 5, McDonalds etc. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my Adidas and have done since I thought growing bumfluff and smoking soapbar when I was 16 made me more or less Ian Brown. I've always taken Sony to be quality electronics. Channel 4 and BBC... well I have not had regular telly for years now but I always thought they done a decent job of keeping me entertained with a good variety of well produced stuff even when it seemed everyone else was giving out stink about them.

Then there's the stuff that warms all us Irish up inside: Tayto, Barry's Tea, Jameson...

• Paid Members

Same for me with Adidas... I love their products to the point where it's a bit weird. Also, most people represent Time Warner Cable as an absolute disgrace, but they've never put a foot wrong with me. Great homegrown channels, good customer service, and if the cable goes off for more than about half an hour, we get free on demand films.

McDonald's, mainly because it's the best job I've ever had, I was there for 2 years whilst in 6th form. In the corner they had a kids area with a TV which would show WCW Nitro late at night, Maccies would close at 10pm back then so we'd stay after closing, eating food that hadn't sold and watching WCW.

Only eat Nestlé chocolate, nothing else when it comes to chocolate.

• Paid Members

VW. I'm not one whose big on any one brand for anything tech, clothes or food but I always wanted a VW because I bought into the brand as well built and efficient. I love my Golf.

I should also add that growing up in a rough enough council estate I always equated Adidas with the 'decent scumbags'. The heads who loved their fast cars and footy and talked the talk but were usually too monged to be anything other than sound to you.

The true thugs wore Nike. I think I still harbour a prejudice towards Nike.

Erm, Im not much of a brand whore, but as per above Sony, have always said decent electronics, prior to that Ferguson, I still have a now 30 year old portable TV that is going like no tomorrow. 

Aside from that, mainly food related bumpf

Sarson's Vinegar

Colman's English Mustard

Heinz Tommy K

Hellman's Mayonnaise.

As change enters full swing

W7 Cosmetics

Make Up Revolution

Urban Decay.

Millions of years ago there was a fast food thread on here, where went through the gamut of then national chains ( I think Nando's had yet to explode nationwide at that point) I'd still go for Double Whopper, Maccie's Fries and Strawberry Milkshake and KFC gravy.. 

Nike was always the cool brand at our school, and I've stuck by them whenever I make an athletic purchase, up to the point where I recently bought a pair of Nike hiking boots.  Yep, that's right, I'm old enough to have stuck by them long enough to the point that I think hiking is a good thing.

• Paid Members

Kentucky Fried Buzzard all the way for me. Makes my cock hard and my stomach satisfied.

I'm not gambling or brothel man, so KFC gives me that overriding sense of shame that we all need to have from time to time. I want to get buried in a giant tub of their sweet gravy and serve nothing but Boneless Banquets at the wake.

• Paid Members

Adidas/Taylormade for the golf gear. I've always hated Nike with a passion and I think their shameless campaigns to rule the world have only strengthened my love for the 3 stripes even more.

I will only buy adidas golf gear/shoes and have recently made the switch to their Taylormade golf clubs as their marketing, looks and pricing is so subtle I can't help myself. Ill always look to their stuff first.

Archived